Monday 23 April 2018

Floral Wishes Card

Hello everyone, I hope you've all had a lovely weekend with sunshine as we did and it actually felt like summer down here on the South Coast as it was so warm. Not quite so warm today but we still had a sunny start so hopefully the week will be good.
I have another card to share today made from my stack of flowers from my recent marathon stamping and cutting out session. This one is for a friend who's going through a bit of a tough time at the moment with health issues and I wanted to send her something to let her know I'm thinking of her.
Happily the colours fit the April colour challenge at Rubber Dance so although I haven't used their stamps this time, I hope that's OK (between you and me, I have to work out where I put them as I had a tidy up and now can't find things!)


I made my background paper by swiping card through some Distress Oxides (Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron and Worn Lipstick) spritzed with water on my craft mat. I then used the That's Crafty! TC8024 Flourish stencil with the same inks used neat to add a shabby chic pattern as I wasn't too bothered about getting the pattern perfect.
I cut a piece to fit my square kraft card blank and glued it on. I stamped the sentiment (a stamp free with Making Cards magazine) with black ink and then added some layered up flowers assembled with dimensional glue.
I finished off with an offcut of my stencilled paper which I die cut with an old scallop lace border die and inked with Worn Lipstick, tucking a couple of pieces under the flowers for added interest.

I'd like to enter this in the current Rubber Dance Challenge having used the colours although not the altered bit this time:


Have a great week and see you soon.
Fliss xx

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card with wonderful colours, Fliss. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous flowers - great to see you're putting all that hard work into action. A lovely card.
Alison x

brenda said...

You have carried the colour of the inspiration beautifully Fliss, lots of Summery vibes coming from this one.

B x

Dorthe said...

Oh Fliss, do I kn ow about tidying up, and not being able to find after, -I do it far too often, and use lots of time, trying to locate it, sometimes with no luck :-)

So beautiful your card is my dear friend- the colors are just me :-) and love the background you created with the gelli plate , lovely, lovely with the stronger ton es on your flowers . Just amazing, dear . Hugs, Dorthe, xxx

Amanda said...

What a beautiful card to send to cheer someone up, it can’t fail to do the job.
Love
Amanda x

Sue said...

This is so pretty Fliss, and a great interpretation of our challenge colours and inspiration photograph. Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Rubber Dance, and have a very happy week, Sue xx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful card Fliss! It's sure to cheer your friend up!
Alison xxx

Rubber Dance said...

Amazing card. Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance Challenge this month. xx Susanne.

ionabunny said...

Love those big bold flowers. Beautiful card Fliss. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Fliss, this should put a big smile on your friend's face. I looove the bright colours and who doesn't like flowers when you are going through a tough time. So thoughtful!
Thank you for joining us at Rubber Dance.
Dot x