Saturday 28 April 2018

Floral Hello Card

Hello all, I've a card to share today as it was rather wet yesterday after a good start and today has been dull and cold so what better tonic than a bit of crafting (and sketching though can't yet show you).
This one is a little different and the colours are slightly off too as my camera seems to struggle with plummy tones and the doily is actually a shade of rose and not quite as strong as it appears here.




As you can see, I've included the background before embellishing and it was actually the leftover result from making my floral wishes card as the stencil was covered in the Distress oxides that I used and it was a shame to waste it so I misted on some water and pressed on a sheet of card. The above background was the end result and it's so pretty I just had to use it.

I stamped my fanciful flower twice on mixed media paper with VersaFine Spanish Moss ink. I then coloured it with Distress markers, using Spun Sugar, Crushed Olive and Wild Honey. I then cut out the whole flower once and just the petal part on the second. I shaped them with a large embossing ball tool and layered them up with 3D glue.

I assembled my card using a couple of pretty doilies, adding a gold pearl to the flower and stamping on the hello text (a free stamp from Making Cards magazine) with Archival Plum ink.

I'd like to enter the following challenges with my card:

Everybody Art Challenge - Flower
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Flowers

Hope the weather is better where you are and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Fliss xx

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card Fliss, love the colours. Hugs, Valerie

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Very pretty x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely card Fliss, love your background and the doilies, really pretty. No gardening today, been raining all day. Hope you had good day. Tracy ❤️❤️

brenda said...

A lovely colour palette Fliss and afraid the weather is much the same here.

B x

Maura said...

Wow! Really cool card, Fliss! Love how you used the doilies, and your flower is amazing with it's wonderful colors! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome make with us for our Flower Power challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

Sue said...

This is so pretty Fliss, and you background is beautiful - this is one of my favourite ways of making a background. Have a very happy week (I hope it warms up again), Sue xx

Dorthe said...

Such beautiful a background, Fliss, and your flower resting lovely on the doilies , so very pretty, my friend.
Hugs, Dorthe, xxx

Seija said...

Great Card, Looks realy good! Wonderful Background! Thanks for joining us at EAC! Hugs Michi DT