Wednesday 7 February 2018

I Heart You at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog

Hello everyone on a very chilly but bright day and last night we actually had a sprinkle of the white stuff although it will soon be gone with the sun shining as it is now!
We have a seasonal new challenge for you today over at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog and this month being February we've come over all romantic with the theme of I Heart You.
I was really short on time this week so I have as my inspiration the quickest card I think I've ever made and hope you like it (hope the other half does too as - whisper - he might just get this as a you know what!)


This came about as I was searching for some text for something else I'm creating and came across Lynne's Affirmations Set 4 which has the cute heart on to go with some of Lynne's lovely quotes and ping! inspiration struck.

I stamped a row of the hearts using Worn Lipstick and Fired Brick Distress Oxide Inks on white card and then glued the strip to a kraft card blank. This is where things went a bit wrong as I stamped my chosen quote underneath but the design didn't look right so I trimmed it off the card leaving a kraft border and glued it to a white card blank.

I then had the text dilemma but my trusty Tim Holtz Occasions stickers came to the rescue and I finished off the card with a row of romantic stickers which fitted the space under the hearts perfectly. Serendipity strikes again!

I hope you can join us this time as you have a whole month to enter now and it doesn't matter where in the world you live as the challenge is open to everyone. There's a £30 shop voucher for the randomly drawn winner and the Top 3 chosen by the Design Team will receive the stencil of their choice from the That's Crafty! own range which psst is about to get much bigger!

Have a great day and see you as soon as I can - time still short at the moment.
Fliss xx

6 comments:

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Love your CAS card Fliss, it says it all perfectly and you’ve just reminded me that I’ve still got to make my card for the other half!
Hugs
Donna xx

Amanda said...

Simply lovely
Love
Amanda x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Always beauty within simplicity Fliss.. Love the addition of your heartfelt words. I'm sure Mr G. will love it.
Big Hugs Tracey xx

brenda said...

Might be a quick make Fliss but very stylish and elegant.

B x

Dorthe said...

Such a lovely CAS card, Fliss, your love of life , will be happy receiving it , with the sweet hearts, and sweet words - saying so much.

Hugs from Dorthe, xx

Unknown said...

Hi Fliss! I hope you are well.
I’m stopping by to take a closer peek at your sweet card. One thing I enjoy is seeing a perfectly executed CAS card and yours is gorgeous! Hugs xx