Wednesday 10 January 2018

Feeling Blue at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog

Hello and welcome to my inspiration for our January challenge over at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog as this year we've gone monthly. Our first challenge of the year has the theme of Feeling Blue so we'd like to see entries which are mainly blue.
I've created an art panel with my favourite feline, Bentley, and surrounded him with flowers. Hope you like it.


I covered my white/greyboard panel with paint in shades of blue with white which I brayered on. Once the paint was dry, I used the Daisy Background stencil with shades of Oxide inks to add a floral pattern in the top right corner. I also sponged a little of the pink Oxide ink around the edges and stamped the script from Textures Set 3 down the left hand edge with Archival Cobalt ink without using an acrylic block.
I stamped Bentley twice and several of the large flower from Donna's Fleur set on mixed media paper with Archival Jet Black ink and painted the images with several shades of blue Multi Surface paints. I then cut the images out, just the head on the second Bentley image.
I glued on the first flower about half way down on the left side and then stamped Bentley again on the background and over the top of the flower - this is to save cutting out his whiskers. I glued the whole cat image over the stamped image and added his head using foam pads for some dimension.
I added the remaining flowers with a mix of glue and foam pads for interest. The finishing touch was to stamp the smile next in the lower right hand corner.

Have a great day.
Fliss xx

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous piece Fliss, love that cats. Hope you are keeping well, hugs, Valerie

Dorthe said...

It is gorgeous, dear Fliss, love you used the words stamp behind, and the soft tones of sunny yellow and pink. Bentley is closing his eyes in pure enjoyment :-) - Hugs from me- xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Fliss, I love the text, and of course the very handsome Bentley xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Doesn't Bentley look splendid almost camouflaged amongst the flowers, beautiful blue hues and background panel. A real handsome piece Fliss.
Hugs Tracey xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Bentley here Fliss, you always make me so happy when you use one of my TC designs, thank you so much lovely lady :)
Hugs
Donna xx

brenda said...

Another lovely creation in pretty colours Fliss, nice deimention as well.

B x

junemac2 said...

Fliss this is so inspiring and so cute. Love it and you inspired me to add my blue one x

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous panel Fliss! Xx