Sunday 31 December 2017

Butterfly Wings Canvas

Hello everyone, wishing you all a very Happy New Year and hoping that 2018 brings you all that you wish for. I hope you all had a lovely Christmas too as I did, very busy but packed with lots of family stuff which was really lovely.
I managed a bit of crafting too which is because I wanted to enter the Rubber Dance December Challenge which is a colour one and as usual, have only just made it!



As you'll see, I managed all of the requirements although the glitter element is quite subtle as I don't do too much bling.
I painted and sponged my box canvas with watered down That's Crafty! Multi Surface paint in Teal which is a lovely light and bright blue when diluted a little.
I stamped Melina's gorgeous butterflies from the Butterfly Trio set on painted papers from my bits box which happily contained some in shades of pink and peach. I cut the butterflies out and added deeper colour to the bodies. I glued them on to the canvas as shown as I wanted a soaring explosion of colour on my canvas. I added glitter glue to the butterfly bodies to make them pop.
I finished off with a quote from Lynne's Affirmations Set 1 as I didn't have quite what I wanted to say as this one fit the best.

I'd like to enter this in the Rubber Dance December Challenge and thanks to everyone who hops over to see what I've created.
Happy New Year!
Fliss xx

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous piece, good luck with the challenge!
Happy New Year to you and yours, hugs, Valerie

Melina Dahl Minas kreativa said...

Brilliant piece! I love it 💕

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A beautiful canvas Fliss, wishing you a wonderful 2018 full of fun, happiness and creativity..
Big Hugs Tracey xx

Rubber Dance said...

WOW!!! This is super beautiful. Thank you so much for using our stamps on your project. It turned out wonderful. Thank you so much for joining the Rubber Dance December Challenge. xx Susanne.

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Totally lush creation Fliss in your signature zingy colours. Lovely as always to see you over on the Rubber Dance blog too :)
Hugs
Donna xx

nitisartfromheart.bloggspot.no said...

Beautiful canvas, Fliss! When I see this, I long for the summer...
Thanks for playing along With us at Rubber Dance.
Hugs, Anita

Dorthe said...

A beautiful canvas, -I love how you send the butterflies off in rows, Fliss, and Melina`s lovely stamps, are beautiful. in your chosen colors, dear- love the new orange here.
Hugs from Dorthe, xx