Friday 24 November 2017

Green With Envy Challenge at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog

Hello everyone, really sorry for my lack of visiting over the last week or so. I've been really busy creating for something I can't yet share and as well as that, I managed to do something to my back last week and for the first few days couldn't sit or stand too long. The only thing that seemed to help and still does is my daily early morning walk which I've been doing since I left my accounting job. I've got quite fast and can walk further in my allotted time than when I started so it must be doing some good!
Now to the reason for this post which is to share my inspiration for our new challenge today over at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog which has a Green theme. I decided on nature as it was either that or Christmas!


I covered a 4.5 x 9 white/greyboard panel with torn pieces of vintage book page which I glued on with matt medium. I glued on some scraps of green lace and then brushed green and yellow multi surface paints over the top.
I painted one of the larger wildflower greyboard embellishments with the green and yellow paints then added some pencil detail. I'm currently having a bit of a sort out of my stash and came across some pressed flowers, the orange ones being perfect for for my creation. I added one in the centre of my wildflower and then glued some on the panel with the large flower.
I stamped a couple of butterflies from Lynne's Affirmations Set 1 on stamping card with Fern Green Archival ink and added a little colour with the leftover yellow paint watered down. I cut them out and glued them to the panel.
I finished off with a Tim Holtz sticker which I brushed with a little of the watered down paint.

I hope you can enter as there's a great prize of a voucher for the online shop up for grabs.

I'll be back in a while as I'm over at That's Crafty! Blog today.
Fliss xx

8 comments:

brenda said...

How lovely to see a hint of Spring on such a cold frost morning (well it is here in the Fens) and I think daffodils always raise our spirits. It was Lancing last weekend.

B x

Melina Dahl Minas kreativa said...

Beautiful make❣️ Hope your back gets better soon!

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Beautiful creation Fliss, hope your back is healing up nicely too
Hugs
Donna xx

Craftychris said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love green so this is right up my street. The flowers are really pretty and the butterflies too! xxx

Craftychris said...

I forgot to say that I hope your back recovers really soon and I am looking forward to seeing what it is you have been creating that you can't tell us yet! Take care. xxx

Amanda said...

A lovely piece of spring, hope you’re feeling better soon
Love
Amanda x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So sorry to hear about your back Fliss, wishing you a speedy recovery.. Your Green with envy panel piece is fab, love that Hue and the addition of the pressed flowers really complements the shade.. like a glimpse into Spring Time. Rest up dear friend and enjoy your weekend.
Warm Hugs Tracey xx

Words and Pictures said...

That's lovely to see as we head into the depths of winter - so bold and bright and fresh.
Alison x