Sunday 8 October 2017

My Wings

Hello all, hope you've had a lovely weekend. Mine has been quite busy mostly on the craft type front and yesterday evening we went to see the new Blade Runner film as the original one is my favourite film of all time (which might surprise you but I admit to a lifelong love of sci fi and fantasy both in films and in books too)
I was rather apprehensive about the new one as quite often I wonder why they bother with a sequel. This was, although not quite up to the standard of the original classic, very well done. It was extremely atmospheric and there were things that mirrored the past film that were good. It left quite a few loose ends though so I don't know if they're planning on a further sequel - though if they want to include Harrison Ford they need to be quick as he's not getting any younger!

I gave myself a bit of a challenge today to create something in just half an hour which is always difficult as I am NOT a fast crafter. There is something rather satifying though in just slapping the paint on and not thinking too hard about what you're doing which is why my tag ended up quite grungy!


So, my base was a Ranger Size 8 black tag and the first step was to brayer on a layer of purple paint. I then added dots of lilac and lavender paints and roughly spread it with the brayer.
I then slapped some turquoise paint on a piece of bubble wrap and pressed this here and there on the tag. As you'll see, some ended up on the black areas too.
I then applied a bit of pattern, using Herringbone Background Dinky stencil with yellow and turquoise paints and the Distressed Harlequin Dinky stencil with orange paint.
I added a That's Crafty! Bits and Pieces Greyboard butterfly painted orange, stamped with a butterfly from Lynne's Affirmations Set 1 stamp set, stamped with black Archival ink and painted yellow.
I finished off with one of the new Lynne's Affirmations quotes from Set 3 which I stamped with black and painted with a wash of turquoise before cutting into tiles. I ran the black ink round the edges and glued them on to finish.

Hope you like it
Fliss xx

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag. Glad you enjoyed your film! Hugs, Valerie

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Fab tag Fliss, you did an amazing job in that time frame!! The film sounds really good although it’s hard to improve on perfection :)
Hugs
Donna xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Great tag creation in 30 mins Fliss, sometimes the greatest of creations can be achieved when we don't over think them.
Our house has had a revisit of the Blade Runner original over the past 12 months as my Son had to use the film as a prompt for his final piece at Uni. When i'm able I will share what he has been doing, his digital recreation of Sebastian's apartment is amazing. Have a great week Fliss..
Hugs Tracey xx

Dorthe said...

Fliss, I can see you for my inner eye...slapping paint around,lol,- though it does not at all look that way , with your end result, which to my belief could have been totally planned to last detail. The colors and stencils giving so much life, -it is beautiful !!
Hugs, Dorthe, xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful Fliss, nice to hear from you after such a long time.
I am still unwell so a short comment.xx[aNNie]🎄

Craftychris said...

Awesome background for the beautiful butterfly. All in half an hour too, how cool! xxx

RIA Institute of Technology said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.