Sunday 17 September 2017

ITAC17 Challenge 2 - Asia (Oriental Girl)

Hello, I'm finally here to share my creation for ITAC17 and Challenge 2 which is Asia. I have to admit to a bit of a struggle with this one as I don't have very much that fit the brief which is why it took me so long to get this one done!
I did have some origami papers and some Japanese handmade paper along with an oriental newspaper picked up years ago (no idea which country it is either so I had to pick text ftom the ads as I thought that would be safer lol)
I've made a collage with the things I did have which I'm a bit iffy about but I hope you like it.


The starting point for my collage was the mandala shape which I created by using the That's Crafty! Big Floral stencil (one of my favourites) with Christmas Red Multi Surface paint on a piece of gold and yellow origami paper. When it was dry, I trimmed out the mandala shape.
I next took a scrap of the Japanese handmade paper and added some gold embossing to this. I painted my MDF panel with black and charcoal shimmer paints and when it was dry, glued on the gold embossed paper, a couple more origami paper, some scraps of newsprint oriental text and finally the mandala.
I found the oriental girl after an internet search, printed out the photo and trimmed her from it, adding her to my collage. The final touch was to add some gold heat embossed stamping using images from the AALL and Create stamp set 10 by Autour de Mwa.

If you click on the link above, you'll find all the challenge details as at the moment there's still time to enter and I need to get a move on with the next one!
Fliss xx

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I love this!
Love
Amanda x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Fliss this Oozes Asia, what a stunning picture of the Asia Girl, looking so beautiful in her traditional garments. How clever to use handmade Japanese paper too.
Sorry for my late comment it's been a busy day, glad I discovered this before bedtime.
Hugs Tracey xx

brenda said...

It's just lovely Fliss and tour mention of Japanese paper reminded me that I have some hidden away somewhere. It would be lovely to see Oriental come back as I have so many stamps of that genre.

B x