Friday 14 April 2017

Outnumbered at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog

Hello again and welcome to my inspiration for our new challenge today over at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog where for the next fortnight our theme is Outnumbered so numbers are the order of the day.
I've made another tag although this one is very different to the one on my last post as it's more vintage in style and came about from my experiments with the fab new 8x8 clock stencil.


When I saw the challenge theme, time jumped into my head from the point of view of the numbers on a clock so I decided to try something completely different with the clock stencil.
I taped the stencil to a piece of mixed media paper, positioning it so that just under half was over the paper. I then used DecoArt Media white modelling paste to make a raised pattern on the paper. When the paste was dry, I painted the clock segment with a mix of Paper Arsty Fresco Finish Chocolate Pudding acrylic paint and DecoArt Media Burnt Sienna Fluid acrylic paint.
I used a mix of DecoArt Media Metallic Gold and Quinacridone Gold over the raised areas and when it was dry, trimmed around the rounded edge leaving a tiny dark brown border.
I painted the tag with a mix of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics - Cobalt Teal Hue, Green Gold, Ultramarine, Raw Sienna and Transparent Yellow Oxide. I then stamped on the script image from That's Crafty! Texture Stamp Set 1 with Archival Potting Soil ink and stencilled on the Dinky Stencil numbers with Cobalt Teal Hue DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic paint.
I glued the clock face on to the tag and finished off with some Chit Chat stickers which I edged with the Archival ink.

There's a fab prize of a voucher for the online shop for the randomly drawn winner and all you have to do to be in with a chance is enter!
Good luck!
Have a great long weekend.
Fliss xx

5 comments:

brenda said...

A great take on the theme Fliss and such rich intense colours.

Many thanks for you recent visits, much appreciated, just so sorry I am unable to reciprocate as much as I would like.

B x

Nikki Acton said...

Great grungy feel and love what you did with the clock! I adore that stencil. Happy Easter xx

Amanda said...

Great vintage tag, the clock looks fabulous.
Love
Amanda x

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Perfectly grungy Fliss, I bet it looks even more gorgeous in real life too ;)
Hugs
Donna xx

Words and Pictures said...

That's a terrific tag - fabulous layers of stamping in the background - I love it.
Alison x