Hello again and welcome to my third post for today which I think is a first for me as I've never done that many in one day before!
This is because I am able to share the first creation I've made since my first cataract op on Tuesday having finally felt like doing some crafting as you can only watch so much TV!!!
It was very therapeutic getting all painty and my Seth Apter stamps for Paper Artsy have come out for their first inking too.
It's actually been very strange in some ways as I didn't realise how much the cataracts had affected my vision. Having just the one done has made things a lot brighter and if I cover up that eye and look through the one yet to be done, the difference in colour is staggering! The cataract seems to have caused me to see everything in what I can only describe as vintage colour as it has a sort of sepia to olive tone which I really like. Looking through the corrected eye, everything is bright but has more of a bluish tone to it which is going to take some getting used to. It makes me wonder what my artwork is going to look like when both eyes are done as I suspect I've been subconsciously going for bright colours as I couldn't see properly - eek!
Anyhow, enough of my rambling and on to my art journal page. I coloured the page with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic Paints, adding dots of colour to a plate and scraping them on to the page with an old credit card. I used Hansa Yellow Light, Titan Buff, Transparent White, Yellow Green Light and Primary Cyan. I carried on until the page was roughly covered.
I next stamped on the diamond design from Seth Apter's Paper Artsy ESA02 with Archival Cactus Flower ink. I followed this with the dots image from the same set with Ranger Carribean Coast Dye ink. I added a bit more stamping to layer it up a little, using the same stamps but reversing the colours.
I coloured a scrap of mixed media paper with more DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics - Primary Cyan, Cobalt Teal Hue, Ultramarine Blue, Primary Magenta - and then used Seth's Robo Rings for Spellbinders to cut out some shapes from the painted paper. Imagine my delight when I found there was a negative space left which I could also use. I cut this out with one of my trusty Spellbinders circle nesting dies, leaving the left hand edge straight.
I glued the negative shape and the largest ring to the page across the centre. I then stamped the star design from the ESA03 set together with the text from That's Crafty! Motivational Words Set 2 clear stamp set on leftover painted paper, using Versamark ink and heat embossed both images with white detail powder. I cut these out and added them to the page.
To pull my page together, I stamped the star design from ESA02 on the page 3 times with Versamark ink and again heat embossed with white detail powder.
I hope you like this as much as I enjoyed creating it and will be round soon.
I'm also sneakily linking this up to the current Craft Stamper Take it Make it Challenge as the February theme is an Anything Goes Stamping Challenge and I have quite a lot of stamping on here, all layered up. Hope you like it everyone.
Have a lovely weekend.
Dare To Dream by Alison Hall
12 hours ago