Monday 18 July 2016

Sentimental at Make My Monday

Hello everyone, hope you all had a great weekend with some glorious sunny weather as we did down here in the South of England - actually wore a short sleeved top all day for the first time this year!

Sorry for my lack of visiting lately too which is because I'm working on something behind the scenes which is taking up most of my spare time at the moment and I also started a new job 2 weeks ago with a change in my working week which will take a while to get used to.

There's a new challenge today over at Make My Monday which has a theme chosen by your truly for the next fortnight and it's Sentimental, by which I would like the sentiment or text to be the focal point of your creation whatever it might be - a tag, card, art journal page?

Here's my inspiration which is a simple card and unusually for me, took only 15 minutes to make!


My Brushos came out to play along with my treasured Tim Holtz Good Thoughts stamp set which I haven't inked up in an age!

The background was made by sprinkling lemon, purple and turquoise Brusho crystals on mixed media card and misting gently with water, blotting with a paper towel as the original colours were a bit in your face.
One the background was dry, I stamped on the text with Archival Cactus Flower ink which I think tones very well with the Brusho colours. I added a deep lilac mat and attached the panel to a white card blank.
As a finishing touch, I added a scattering of purple and fuchsia gems for some added sparkle.

Hope you can join in and would love to see you there. We have a DT call out at the moment too as we've lost a couple of DT members lately, the latest being Martina for the best possible reason as she's just had a beautiful baby girl - good luck Martina!

Have a great day and a lovelt week and see you soon I hope.
Fliss x

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card. Good luck in your new job, and hope the summer stays for a bit! hugs, Valerie

Words and Pictures said...

No matter that it didn't take too long - it's lovely! Great work with the brushos, and that stamp is a beauty, I agree.
Alison x

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Gorgeous card Fliss and isn't it lovely to finally have a Summer!
Hugs
Donna xx

Joan said...

Fab card Fliss, great sentiment too

Joan

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

well its a cracker hun,even though it did not take long its still brilliant love it hugs Cherylxxxxx