Friday 4 December 2015

Season's Greetings At That's Crafty Challenge Blog

Hello again, I'm here with the details and some inspiration for our new challenge over at That's Crafty Challenge Blog which has the theme of Season's Greetings so it's the perfect time to share your Christmas creations.
I have a quick and easy Christmas topper technique to share as I managed to make all these toppers from an A4 sheet of smooth cartridge paper and it only took me around 20 minutes to make the background colours.


I cut my A4 sheet into 8 roughly equal pieces and then used my 3x5 Gelli Plate with Fossilised Amber and Twisted Citron Distress inks which I applied lightly and misted with water before pressing the paper on, repeating this with all the paper then leaving to dry.


I then used the Tim Holtz Scribbly Christmas stamp set to stamp the trees and greetings on with Archival Fern Green ink. I then applied a random pattern with the Amber Distress ink and the That's Crafty Distressed Harlequin Dinky Stencil. You'll see there's a sneaky one with trees stencilled which I did first and then decided was a bit much! I ran the green ink round the edges of each piece to make them stand out a little.

Here's a very simple card I made with one of the toppers - it's fairly flat to be post friendly.

 
All I did was emboss the white card blank with the Darice corner snowflake flourish embossing folder to add some lovely texture and glued on my topper. How easy is that!

If you enter, there's a fab prize of a £20 voucher for the online shop for the randomly drawn winner.

Have a great weekend and see you next week.
Fliss xx

4 comments:

brenda said...

Super cards Fliss, love the alternative seasonal colours, stamping and harlequins always appeal.

B x

Amanda said...

What a fabulous idea for fast and post friendly cards, love your colours
Love
Amanda x

Suzi B said...

Lovely quick cards Fliss.
Suzi B xx

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely bright warm colours, and that little tree makes an adorable focal point.
Alison xx