Monday 2 November 2015

Shabby Chic At Make My Monday

Hello there from an exceedingly misty Woodstock (well, it is the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness!). I'm a bit late with this post as I'm away and have a rather dodgy internet connection but I wanted to let you know we have a new challenge today over at Make My Monday and you can probably tell I picked the theme as it's Shabby Chic which I'm sure you know how much I love.

Here's my inspiration which I hope you like as it's very vintage in style.


The background paper is a piece of rough watercolour paper which was coloured by pressing in Crushed Olive and Victorian Velvet Distress inks misted with water. I then used the same inks to stamp on a Hero Arts frond image.


I painted a panel of corrugated card with deep green acrylic paint and then swiped on some dusty pink when it was dry. I added the pretty vintage image (Dezinaworld) to the panel.
I glued the background panel to a pink card blank and added a central dry embossed border of pink card using the Cuttlebug Victoria folder swiped with gold ink. I then added a pink punched border over the top and glued on the corrugated panel.
I made a wire embellishment by twisting beads on to green wire to make a pretty spray which I glued on the card with a fabric flower and some Prima paper leaves to finish.


We spent a glorious day at Blenheim Palace yesterday which is a 5 minute walk from our hotel and I'll have some pics to share soon as the grounds are just gorgeous in their Autumn splendour and it was so warm and sunny it was more like September than November and was apparently the warmest November day on record!
We visited Oxford today and took in the dreaming spires, wandering in a slight daze among the incredibly beautiful architecture and went on a tour of the Bodiean Library where we weren't allowed to take photos and sadly the postcards don't do it justice so I will just have to keep the memory in my head - needless to say it was the perfect place to visit for someone who is often lost in a good book!

See you again soon with some of my pics.
Fliss xx

4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card hugs, Valerie

Marina said...

Beautiful colours here, that flower looks real and the background has great depth. Glad you're enjoying your break.

Words and Pictures said...

How gorgeous, Fliss - the colours are so intense and vivid and that flower looks wonderful with the vintage pins.
Alison xx

Joan said...

Stunning card!!! I love the background, the lovely flower and just everything about it!!!