Friday 11 September 2015

Lovely Leaves At That's Crafty Challenge Blog

Hello again, I'm back with news of our new challenge at That's Crafty Challenge Blog and the theme for the next fortnight is Leaves so we'd like to see one or some on your creation.

I'm sure you all know how much I love Autumn when the leaves start to turn and go wonderful shades of russet and gold so that was what inspired my creation which is a card with an Autumn wreath.


I made the background paper first by inking up a piece of mixed media paper with Squeezed Lemonade and Craushed Olive Distress inks and then stamped on a leafy frond from an Inkadinkado Stamping Gear leaf set with Wild Honey Distress ink. I then distressed the edges with an emery board.
I then made the wreath using the Creative Expressions Perfect Peony Complete Petals stamp set and die set. I stamped lots of leaves and some flowers on paper coloured with various Autumn shades of Distress ink and then die cut them with the dies.
I die cut a circle of card and then added the leaves to form a wreath using both glue and foam pads for dimension. I then added the flowers in the centre and finished them with dots of Cosmic Shimmer Twinkles by Phill Oliver in Decadent Oak.
I distressed a piece of corrugated packaging with Gesso and pale green acrylic paint together with dried paint scrapings and glued the wreath to this before gluing to the card.
I finished off with a Tim Holtz Big Chat sticker which I swiped with a little yellow ink.

Hope you can enter!

Have a great weekend,
Fliss xx

4 comments:

craftytrog said...

Beautiful card Fliss! I'm looking forward to seeing the leaves turn too 😊 xxx

Deborah Wainwright said...

Fantastic card Fliss full of the beautiful colours of autumn love it! hugs Debs xx

Amanda said...

Beautiful love the wreath made eith all those lovely leaves. Great make glass
Love
Amanda x

Words and Pictures said...

What a lovely leafy garland - and the colours are full of autumn sunshine (so happy we had some for the last few days!).
Alison xx