Monday 15 June 2015

Embossing At Make My Monday Plus A DT Call

Hello everyone, hoping you all had a better weekend than me as I've had to wear my glasses all the time and I'm somewhat cross with the optician who didn't tell me that I'd have horrendous problems due to the fact that I wear gas permeable contact lenses. These don't seem to be compatible with glasses which considering I said I wanted to take out the lenses and put glasses on when I get home from work has turned out not to be an as well, but rather an either/or situation. I can't tell you what a miserable time I've had not being able to see properly (I feel sorry for my DH too as he's had to put up with my whingeing)
Anyhow, enough of that and on to the reason for my post which is to let you know that we have a new challenge today over at Make My Monday which has a theme chosen by yours truly:

EMBOSSING - HEAT OR DRY OR BOTH

Here's my inspiration and it's 2 for the price of 1 this week as I got carried away!



These came about because I was messing about with sprays on Saturday and made a few backgrounds in varying shades of blue, pink and purple and as I wanted to use white embossing the stronger colours were ideal.
I used Decoart Media Misters in Primary Magenta and Shimmer Turquoise, some of the backgrounds paler as I misted them with water to use up all the ink spray.

The first card uses a Stampinback Forget Me Not image which I stamped on with Archival Plum and Cobalt before stamping with Versamark ink and heat embossing with white detail powder.I stamped on the Penny Black text with the deep blue ink and attached the panel to a white card blank.

The second card uses a wild flower from the Tim Holtz Nature's Moments stamp set which I stamped with Memento Lilac Posies and Grape Jelly dye inks. I then stamped with Versamark as before and heat embossed with white. I stamped the text from the stamp set with the Archival Plum ink and attached to a white card to finish.

We also want to add some new talent to our Design Team and will have more exciting things coming up in the future so check out the challenge blog if you'd like to join.

Thanks for looking and have a great week.
Fliss xx

10 comments:

brenda said...

Lovely "messing about" Fliss, lush colours and stamping and I spot a few new colours missing from my ink drawers.

B x

craftytrog said...

Two beautiful cards Fliss, I love the white embossing over those gorgeous backgrounds. You used one of my favourite Tim stamp sets too.
Alison xx

Amanda said...

Beautiful Fliss striking embossing against fabulous backgrounds
Love
Amanda x

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, Fliss, love the colours. Hugs, Valerie

Suzi B said...

Beautiful Fliss love the colours of the backgrounds and the white embossing.
Suzi B xx

Joan said...

Two stunning cards!! I love the background colors and the white embossing!!!

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Ooh your cards are truly beautiful Fliss, love the colours, looks very twilight like.
Sorry to hear about your ongoing eye problems, nothing worse then not being to see anything is there :(
Big hugs
Donna xxx

Deborah said...

Your cards are gorgeous, Fliss. I'd forgotten how impactful white embossing is.

Marina said...

Really beautiful cards with real depth.

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous, Fliss... no surprises that the meadow flowers one is my favourite, but they both look beautiful. I really hope your eyes are settling down now.
Alison xx