Sunday 19 April 2015

A Little Happiness

Hello folks, hope you're having a lovely weekend with some sunshine wherever you are. It's lovely and sunny here but rather cold due to very strong winds so at least my washing will dry!
I'm here today to share the first creation in an age which isn't DT stuff as when I saw the current challenge theme at Allsorts, Quick and Easy Does It, I challenged myself to try and do something I find rather difficult so although there was more thinking than the time it took to actually make the card, the stamping from start to finish took only 10 minutes including stamp cleaning - very unusual for me I can tell you!
Here it is and hope you like it:


All of the stamping was done directly on the card blank and I first used the sequin waste stamp (Carabelle Studio Etoiles, Taches et Background) to stamp the dotty design on each side with Mustard Seed Distress ink.
I next stamped on the main image (Artistic Outpost Happiness) with Archival black ink, then followed with the text in the same ink together with the tiny butterfly.
As a finishing touch, I stamped the splats from the Carabelle set with Worn Lipstick Distress ink.

Tada! Done!

Have a lovely Sunday.
Fliss xx

12 comments:

Marina said...

This is lovely, Fliss!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic card Fliss, well done! Have a great Sunday, hugs, Valerie

Joan said...

Lovely card Fliss, very brave stamping directly onto your card blank but it worked out beautifully. Love that dotty stamp

Joan

junemac2 said...

So elegant and beautiful Fliss. I really love this style
Hugs June x

brenda said...

Made me smile Fliss and confirm we can allow the thinking time ! Lovely stamping and choice is colours.

Chilly here as well, in fact put the heating on again.

B x

brenda said...

And needless to say I totally forgot to say thank you for joining in at Allsorts.

B x

Deborah said...

That's such a cool card, Fliss. I'd say you've nailed it.

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Lovely and elegant card Fliss,love the pop of colour too,very striking ;)
Sadly no sun here and some drizzle :/
Big hugs
Donna xxx

Fiona said...

Lovely card Fliss, great placement of the elements and fab colour choice too. Thanks for your comment, re the bungee jump I did one also, in Australia over 20 years ago now. xx

Sally H said...

A beautiful card, Fliss! Great stamping, and it doesn't look out of your comfort zone at all! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog xxx

Mervi said...

Fabulous cas styled card, just perfect!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Challenge, good luck;-))m

Tracy said...


Inspiring creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x