Monday 23 March 2015

Serene In Green

Hello all, I'm a tad late with my inspiration for our new challenge today at Make My Monday with the theme chosen by teamie Joan which is The Colour Green so we'd like to see your creations with lots of green in.
It's a favourite colour of mine as I love the Distress ink Crushed Olive which I think is the one I like best of all so it had to come into my creation which I've made with the beautiful Aurora Wings Calla Lily Sprite image and I've turned her green to fit in.


I printed the image out on to my favourite paper for colouring in which is thick, smooth cartridge paper and I painted first with Aquamarkers then added more detail with pastel pencils which give such a lovel soft look.
I then trimmed the image to a panel and added mats of deep green and a little orange to tone in with the lily stamens.
I then took a piece of background paper lurking in my stash and altered it with Crushed Olive DI from the original pale sage green which didn't quite go with my image. I wrapped a piece of ribbon round before attaching it to my card blank.
I then painted a butterfly with Aquamarkers and added green dots with a pastel pencil before cutting out. I finished off with the Flonzcraft birthday sentiment (my favourite!) stamped directly on the background paper with Archival Fern Green ink.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
Crafts Galore Encore March Challenge - Anything Goes
Creatalicious Challenges - Anything Goes

Thanks for looking and have a great week.
Fliss xx

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful card, love the fresh spring colours. Hugs, Valerie

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Such a beautiful card,Fliss. I love the colour green too,it's always my go to colour in crafting land ;)
Big hugs
Donna xxx

brenda said...

Lovely fresh Spring colours Fliss, always a pleasure to see you makes.

B x

Fiona said...

You've combined some lovely shades of green here Fliss. Thanks for the heads up on MMM, I've just linked up.

Marina said...

Really pretty card and I like that you coloured her elfin green, so a great take on our theme.

Joan said...

Your card is fabulous - love the green sprite!! Very nice coloring too!

MIE(Mieko) said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicous Challenges.
Mieko xx

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)