Friday 27 March 2015

Gold and Silver

Hello again, I'm back with my inspiration for our new challenge today over at That's Crafty Challenge Blog and if you haven't guessed from the title we have the rather opulent theme of Gold and Silver, both of which came into my creation.
Apologies in advance for the photos as the light was not good for metallics being too bright when I took them!


I've made a mixed media hanging with my favourite Sissix die by Tim Holtz.

I first made the bit that turned into a frame by stamping Carabelle Studio's Texture Spirales round the edges with Encore Ultimate Metallic Silver ink and then heat embossed it with Frantage Aged Gold Embossing Enamel - I find you need a very sticky embossing ink with the Frantage and the Encore is very good for that (I once found the ink still tacky after 2 weeks!).


Here's a close up so you can see the spiral design which I think looks very like the whorls in wood.


I cut the centre out to produce a frame which I attached to a piece of grey board which I covered with some dry embossed metallic card from my stash which I think goes rather well as it's a sort of mottled siver and gold.


I then die cut the butterfly from kraft card and embossed it with the texture fades folder in the set, rubbed the raised areaswith the silver ink and heat embossed it with Frantage Aged Silver Embossing Enamel and a touch of Detail Silver where the Frantage didn't stick well.


Another close up of the detail on the frame and butterfly.

There's a fab prize of a £20 voucher to the online shop for the randomly drawn lucky winner so do try and enter if you can.

Have a great weekend.
Fliss xx

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Lovely Fliss, love how the embossed stamping frames the butterfly.
Love
Amanda x

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Absolutely beautiful creation Fliss,I was wondering how it was made when I saw it on the challenge blog,stunning.
Have a great weekend
Big hugs
Donna xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - the embossing on the whorls is such a cool effect, and I love your butterfly! Fabulous inspiration for the challenge.

And no, I've no idea what's eating it - I've never had anything eat ivy before. Need to find out before it starts spreading and eating the rest of the garden.
Alison xx