Saturday 18 October 2014

Quoth The Raven!

Hello there, I'm a day late with my post for the new challenge over at That's Crafty due to lack of time and this fortnight we'd like to see your SPOOKY creations with a certain creepy date fast looming.
I actually don't have that much in the way of spooky stuff so my trusty IndigoBlu Hocus Pocus stamp set came to the rescue.


A rather eye poppingly bright creation here as you see.

I started by making a piece of background paper applying Ripe Persimmon Distress ink to some smooth card and then stamped on the Kaisercraft Diamonds pattern with the same ink.

I then wanted to cut a window to add the main raven collage image underneath so I used an X Cut nesting die to work out the placement. Having done this, I stamped the collage image on a piece of smooth cartridge paper with Archival Jet Black ink and coloured it with Aquamarkers. I then used stencil to extend the image slightly to fit in the size of aperture I wanted. I used the Mini Specimens stencil by The Crafters Workshop which is fab for this sort of thing and made the arch shape at the top and grunge dot pattern at the bottom using Black Soot Distress ink.

I cut the aperture in the orange paper and then stamped on the spider and web image with the black ink in the top corners. I used a fine black pen to extend the cobwebs in places. I then stuck the raven panel to my card blank, checking placement and trimming a little and added the orange frame over the top. I finished off with the text stamped with the black ink using alphabet stamps.

If you're a UK resident, we'd love to see you enter as the randomly drawn winner will receive a £20 voucher for the online shop.

Hopefully see you soon.
Hugs,
Fliss xx

3 comments:

Joan said...

Fab card Fliss, love that spider!

Joan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

A stunningly spooky Halloween creation.
Fliss, after reading your That's Crafty post you were in my thoughts. Hope you get all your new appliances soon.
Wishes
Lynne