Friday 25 July 2014

The C Word At That's Crafty Challenge

Hello folks and sorry for my lack of blogging and commenting lately which is because of a lot of family stuff going on at the moment but normal service will resume as soon as possible.

In the meantime today sees the start of a new challenge at That's Crafty and as it's the 25th today, our new theme is The C Word aka Christmas in July. Eek I hear you say! It is a good opportunity to get ahead to avoid panicking in December so below you'll find my first card of the year which is actually quick and easy to make if you have an Inkadinkado Stamping Gear as I do.


For my card I used the round cog which is the perfect size for anyone that is a fan of 6x6 square cards. I used the cog with the Pinecones Evergreen stamp set. I first stamped the sprigs with Adirondack Lettuce ink, following up with the pinecones using Brilliance Cosmic Copper ink and finally the pine needles with Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy.
I then stamped my favourite Tim Holtz sentiment with the ivy ink on a scrap of the paper and die cut it to a circle to fit in my pine wreath.
I trimmed the wreath panel to fit my 6x6 kraft card blank and added it together with the sentiment panel to which I added a scalloped mat of kraft card.
As I said, really quick and easy!

Do hop on over to see my team mates inspiration as they've made the most gorgeous creations which you're sure to love. If you're a UK resident and enter you're in with the chance of winning a £20 voucher to the online shop so what are you waiting for!

Have a great day and a lovely weekend.
Hugs,
Fliss xx

4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovey card, but as you said, eeeeeek! I don't want to start on Xmas yet! Hugs, Valerie

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Oh fliss this is a beautigul xmas card I be same as last year all last minute hugs cheryl xxx

Jenny Marples said...

Very, very clever Fliss. Love the design of this. Jenny x

aussie aNNie said...

Great color combinations and Christmas stamp used makes a beautiful and awesome card.xx
♥aNNie The Journey is the Start