Monday 2 June 2014

Time For A Wedding

Good morning everyone and welcome to my first post of the week which is to let you know about the new challenge today over at Make My Monday and the theme chosen by Laura is Weddings.
This gave me the perfect opportunity to get a little ahead with a card for one of my nieces who is getting married in a couple of weeks. Unusually for me I've gone clean and simple for my card as I wanted something quite modern for the happy couple.


I die cut 2 hearts from gold and kraft card using an X Cut folk heart nesting die. I then used the Memory Box cherish border to die cut borders from kraft and cream cut and added portions of these to the die cut hearts.
I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment with Archival coffee ink directly on the card blank. I added the hearts to the card and finished off with a cherub button embellishment, cutting the shank off with my trusty Tim Holtz scissors.

Have a great week.
Hugs, Fliss xx

8 comments:

brenda said...

Sheer elegance Fliss.

Hope you week is a good one.

B x

Sue - said...

Lovely elegant card Fliss.

Joan said...

I think your card is beautiful! I love how you put parts of the border die cut on the hearts - what a great idea!!
Hope your back is better.

Rika said...

Beautiful wedding card!

Jacqueline said...

Very clean and simple Fliss - a lovely card - Jacqueline xx

Marina said...

The way you've added the bits of die-cuts is quite unusual and makes for a really fresh and contemporary wedding card.

Suzi B said...

A great CASE card Fliss love the way you've embellished the hearts, great idea.
Suzi B xx

MA-MI said...

Fliss, you made a gorgeous card! I love how you use the dies. Hugs, Maja