Monday 23 June 2014

Stencils And/Or Masks At Quirky Crafts Challenges

Hello there folks and first up is an apology for not visiting today as in common with many others I have that pesky reading list problem with just the latest post showing and clicking on view more to no avail! Let's hope normal service is resumed soon as it's so annoying when you want to visit!!!

Now on to the main reason for my post which is because I'm a guest designer at Quirky Crafts Challenges for the latest challenge having won second place in the quirky time challenge so thanks to Cazzy and the team for this.

I have 2 creations to share using images from 2 of the challenge sponsors and first up is a rather girly card using the cute Hannah from Nikki of Limited Runs:


I printed Hannah out on to smooth stamping card and coloured her with a mix of Aquamarkers and pencils.
I made the background using an ink applicator with Spun Sugar and Tattered Rose Distress inks. I then used Wendy Vecchi's Studio 490 Stencils For Art Never Enough Hearts stencil with Victorian Velvet and Worn Lipstick inks to add the hearts round the top and side.
I used a Cuttlebug hearts embossing folder to emboss cream card and then tapped Spun Sugar on the raised areas to make the heart panel and die cut a pink doily heart with an X Cut die.
The sentiment is Flonzcraft and was stamped with VersaFine Spanish Moss ink. I did some mat layering and decorated with some of the hearts left from cutting out the doily.


Next up is something completely different using a rather quirky image from Paper Pretties called Graffiti who comes with several different sentiments. I was inspired by the sentiment Follow Your Rainbow to make this very bright card.


I printed Graffiti out on to smooth cartridge paper and coloured her with Aquamarkers to produce a rainbow of colour on the paint flow and her skirt. I added the panel to a mauve mat.
I then made a rainbow stencil using a circle cutter to cut it out of thick card and used this to make a rainbow with Distress inks - I used Barn Door, Ripe Persimmon, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire and Seedless Preserves. I had to trim off the edges as my homemade rainbow wasn't quite perfect!
I added the sentiment to an arrow shaped mat of mauve card and added all the elements to a card blank I made from yellow marbled card.


Have a great rest of week and will be visiting once Mr Blogger has sorted himself out!

Hugs,
Fliss xx

5 comments:

Sally H said...

Two great cards, Fliss! Superb colouring too. So pleased your post didn't get hidden from me. Hope you have had a rant at blogger too xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card. If you go to your comments list, you can see who visited you, and work from there! Hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

I've been absent so only realised this evening that my reading list is not working, it is such a nuisance!
It shows your versatility when you can create one card that is soft and pretty and the other with that wonderful quirky image.
Wishes
Lynne

Cazzy said...

Hi Fliss,

Thank you for being a great guest at Quirky Crafts. I love both your projects, they are perfect examples.

Hugs,

Cazzy x

Words and Pictures said...

Love the soft romantic hearts in the background of the first, and the second card is so much fun!
Alison x