Monday 24 February 2014

No Cute Allowed!

Hello there, a slightly late post today to let you know about the new challenge that started today over at Make My Monday which has the theme of A Grown Up Card with absolutely no cute images allowed.
Here's my inspiration for the challenge and I hope you can join us this week as the theme is quite an easy one.


For my card I've used another of my recently acquired Aurora Wings images and this one is called Autumn Rose although as you'll see, she makes a lovely Springtime rose too.
I printed her out on to thick, smooth cartridge paper and used my favourite colouring medium of Aquamarkers to give her a wash of colour. I trimmed the image to a rectangular panel and added mats of mauve and green.
My background paper is from the vintage style Madame Payraud collection by Docrafts as I thought this particular design toned well with my coloured image. I embossed one side of the paper with my favourite Cuttlebug textile folder and trimmed it to fit my square card blank.
I stamped the Kaisercraft butterfly with VersaFine Smokey Gray ink on a scrap of leftover paper from my bits box which was a similar green to the matting. I cut the image out and inked the edges lilac to tone in.
I stamped my favourite birthday sentiment by Flonzcraft with the grey ink and then inked the panel with green and lilac to match. I finished off with some lilac gems in the corner and on the butterfly's body.

Hope you have a great week.
Hugs,
Fliss xx

Some challenges for my card:
2 Sisters - Embossing
Card Makin' Mamas - Stack It Up! - 3 or more layers (I have 5 I think!)

7 comments:

JayBe said...

Such a beautiful card, Fliss - I'm seeing these stamps everywhere at the moment, they are fab.
Hugz, Jan xx

Words and Pictures said...

What a brilliant image - the flowers in her hair are amazing! Lovely card, Fliss.
Alison x

Anonymous said...

This is coloured so beautifully and the butterfly is the perfect finishing touch to such a pretty card.
Wishes
Lynne

Anonymous said...

This is coloured so beautifully and the butterfly is the perfect finishing touch to such a pretty card.
Wishes
Lynne

Anet's Crafting said...

Gorgeous card Fliss, I love the image.

Debbie said...

Wow this is beautiful Fliss.Love it.Hope you're okay.Hugs x

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful - Jacqueline xx