Monday 3 February 2014

Floral Wall Art

Good morning folks and welcome to my first post of the month and I have to say I'm so very glad it's February as last month was so busy I had virtually no spare time and I've really missed being able to create and come visiting you all.
Over at Make My Monday we have a new challenge for you today and it's my turn to pick the theme. As I like creating something other than cards when I can, I picked Anything But A Card.


As you'll probably see, I've been playing with my much loved Inkadinkado stamping gear again to make my wall hanging.
I absolutely love the flower petals stamp set which I used to make this. The petals reminded me a little of crocuses so I had them in mind with my colour scheme. I stamped the petals using the round cog and Memento Sweet Plum ink. I stamped 2 complete circles for layering as I like the more realistic effect it gives. I used thick smooth cartridge paper for the stamping as it's fab for colouring with Aquamarkers.
I painted the petals with Straw Yellow near the base with a touch of Bamboo. I then added Vintage Pink in the centre following up with Plum Blush and the Royal Purple at the very edges of the petals. I then cut both floral circles out and layered them up with a die cut circle of pale yellow card embossed with the Cuttlebug Victoria folder. The base I used is a kraft chipboard circle with 2 holes at the top and I knotted yellow wired ribbon through to make the hanging element.

Have a great day and a lovely week and I'll be round to visit very soon.
Fliss x


5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece! Hope you have more free time this month, hugs, Valerie

Netty said...

Love your pretty hanging Fliss. Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Rossella said...

Such a gorgeous hanging
Rosie x

Anonymous said...

So lovely seeing you use the wheel once again and to such beautiful results.
Wishes
Lynne

Words and Pictures said...

Such a beautiful spring time hanging!
Alison x