Monday 15 July 2013

Dreaming

Hello everyone, hoping you all had a good weekend and enjoyed some of the current very warm and sunny weather.
We have a new challenge for you today over at Make My Monday with a theme chosen by Caz which is to create something with A Non Inked Stamp by which she means either a new stamp or one in your collection that has never been inked up (I'm sure we all have a few of those!) or if you're not a stamper, A New Decoupage Sheet.
I'm sure you can also guess which option I went for so here's my creation:


I recently acquired this gorgeous Windsong stamp by Paperbag Studios which has been on my wish list for ages.
I stamped the image on thick cartridge paper with Archival coffee ink and then simply trimmed out the panel with some deckle scissors to echo the torn fabric style edge.
I made a patchwork background with some scraps of paper from my bits box in warm shades of yellow and orange with a touch of lime green and sepia. I cut these into squares and added faux stitching with the TIm Holtz Idea-ology ruler and a fine brown pen.
Using another scrap of paper, I die cut most of a doily from it with a Papermania die (as part is hidden behind the image panel, it didn't need to be the whole shape) and inked the edges with some Umber ink for added contrast.
I stamped the dream text (Time To Dream by Stamp-It from Crafters Companion) with the coffee ink on a scrap of cartridge paper and trimmed around it.
I assembled the card as you see on a kraft card blank.

Have a great day.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Some challenges for my card:
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Citrus Colours

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, lovely stamp! Valerie

Sally H said...

Wow, Fliss! That is stunning! I love it! Gorgeous sunny colour combo and I can see why you needed that stamp!

Rossella said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love it
Rosie x

Netty said...

Lovely card and great stamp Fliss, hugs Annette x

Suzi B said...

Fabulous card Fliss. Love the gorgeous image, great background.
Suzi B xx

Aquarius said...

Great idea to use the patchwork background style and I can see why you wanted this stamp - it is lovely.

JayBe said...

Fantastic card, Fliss - I love the vintage feel to it and your stamp evokes so many childhood memories. Simply beautiful.
Hugz, Jan xx

Words and Pictures said...

Love your patchwork background, and the stitching looks great... what a beautiful image too.
Alison x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Joanna Sheen challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x