Monday 3 June 2013

Take Time To Smell The Flowers

Hello everyone, hope you've all had a lovely sunny weekend and when this post pops up I shall be on my way to an interview so I hope you'll all wish me luck.
Today sees the start of a new challenge over at Make My Monday and this week your hostess is Suzi B who has chosen Lace And/Or Ribbon as the theme.
Here's my inspiration which has both as I found some absolutely gorgeous new ribbon had appeared in my local haberdashery shop and I couldn't resist the gorgeous one on my card which has roses embroidered on it.


I made my background with a piece of cardboard recycled packaging which I painted with several coats of ash rose acrylic paint and then stamped on my favourite Viva Decor flourish with smokey blue VersaColor ink.
I stamped the lovely profile portrait by Stampendous with Archival coffee ink and coloured with Promarkers. I trimmed the panel down and added it to a die cut kraft card panel (Papermania die).
I attached the background to a kraft card blank and added ribbon and lace before adhering the image panel. I then stamped the quote (Kanban) with the coffee ink and cut this out before adding to a kraft card mat (I think this quote is gorgeous and fits the image so beautifully).
I embellished the card with pearls and a layered flower with a pearly floral centre.

Have a great day and I'll be round to visit later.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Some challenges for my card:
Crafting When We Can - Punches And/Or Die Cuts
The Ribbon Girls - Add A Die Cut

8 comments:

Mynn xx said...

I do love the soft coloring of this one, Fliss! And the lace on either side is amazing! Beautiful sentiment, too!!! HUGS and hope you have a great week! :)

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous image, and yes, the ribbon is really special. Do hope the interview goes/is going/went brilliantly!
Alison x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful and very romantic card.

Rossella said...

Such a lovely romantic card. I hope the interview went well
Rosie x

Sally H said...

Oh wow, fliss! That is so beautiful and elegant! Love it!

Claire Phillips said...

Hope the interview was a positive experience!Super Vintage card. Cheers Claire x

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful! I love the ribbon! Beautiful design!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Crafting When We Can!!! Good Luck! I hope I see you again for our next challenge :)

- Susan, DT @ Crafting When We Can
{Scrap A Thousand Words}
{Sentimental Susan}

Nikki Craft said...

Beautiful card...Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can challenge:) x
Hugs Nikki x