Wednesday 17 October 2012

Toujours La France

Good morning folks, we have very strange weather here today as it's sunny but also raining and can't seem to make its' mind up! There was a rainbow too of the blink and you miss it type and I just managed to snap it before it disappeared completely.


Now for the actual reason for this post which is to share with you the card I made as my mid week motivation over at the Make My Monday challenge blog where this week the theme is French Fleur De Lys. Not many entries yet so I'm hoping I haven't scared everyone off - it is quite an easy theme as you don't need stamps or die cuts if you don't have them as there are loads of graphics about you could use.
My card here uses an embossing folder although I've given it quite a makeover as you'll see so please do take a look.


My background paper is a torn piece of vintage music score (my bargain buy from Camilla's Bookshop in Eastbourne - just £2.50 for the entire Mikado score!!!) which I've inked up with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink.
I then stamped the gorgeous Stampendous image with Archival coffee ink and coloured the panel with pencils and inks in Spring like colours (rather refreshing in Autumn!).
I next embossed a panel of white card with the Cuttlebug fleur de lys folder and inked it with Spun Sugar and Crushed Olive Distress Inks. I then trimmed the panel to the shape you see and swiped on a little green and blue ink to add to the Spring like feel.

Hope you have a great day.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Some challenges for my card:
A and T Emerald Faeries - Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge - Anything Goes
House of Gilli Challenge - Anything Goes

9 comments:

Caroline said...

Fabulous card Fliss. Caroline xxx

Zue said...

Hi Fliss. Another lovely creation from you and that delicate rainbow was definitely worth snapping. I always like Paris cards as they bring back a wonderful holiday. So lucky you got the Mikado, my fav of G nd S. did you sing all the songs before you cut into it?
Have fun..three little maids from school are we....see, now you got me going.
xxx

Mrs.B said...

Great card Fliss, so glad I saw this post - organised for once - card made earlier - nearly forgot to add it!
Avril xx

Sally H said...

Another french themed stunner, Fliss. Very elegant

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful image and beautiful card.

Ephemera said...

Hi Fliss, beautiful fresh and crisp, I love the stunning effects achieved on your embossed panel, so pretty. Have a lovely day. xx

Jules said...

A beautiful card and amazing stamp. Thank you for joining us at The Emerald Faeries. Good Luck xoxoxo

Jac’s Playground said...

Wonderful card, love the image, thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faeries Challenge this fortnight.

Eret said...

So pretty! Speciallt the soft colors of the image. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at The Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog.
Hugs, Eret