Friday 12 October 2012

Halloween Time

Good morning folks, thank you all for your kind wishes regarding my software test on Wednesday. It went OK although I was a little slow doing it as I didn't want to mess it up so we'll have to wait and see what they thought.
Also, hello to some new followers, firstly the lovely Tracy from Cardmakers Delights which came about as I won the Vintage challenge over at Crimbo Crackers last week (run by fellow DT mate for Polka Doodles, Ruth) and I'm totally thrilled to bits as the prize is some of the absolutely gorgeous card toppers which to my delight include some stunning vintage designs. Thanks Tracy!
Then there's a lady with the same name as me! Please get in touch if you see this as it's not often I "meet" someone with my name!!!
Anyway, enough waffle and on to the reason for my post which is to tell you about this week's challenge at Polka Doodles and with a certain date now looming you can probably guess it's Halloween.


Thoughts of the witching hour were the inspiration for my scenic card. I used elements mostly from the Halloween Download Bundle, the haunted house and pumpkins being from the Sundae of Seasons CD.
I printed out the haunted house and made a frame using the gorgeous grungy green (try saying that quickly!) text paper with a Go Kreate die and inked the edges with black.
I then printed out little Polly with her wand and the cute spider together with the pumpkins and cut them all out.
I added all the images to the frame with foam tape. Simples!

Hoping that you all have a lovely weekend and I'll be back soon with the promised inking tutorial.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Some challenges for my card:
Paper Pretties - Halloween
Stampavie & More - Halloween
Hooked on Craft - Halloween

9 comments:

Caroline said...

Fantastic card Love the hallowenn theme. Caroline xxx

Mrs.B said...

HI Fliss this is a great Halloween card, love the images.
Avril xx

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Fliss, that grungey green paper is gorgeous! Love the images, everything fits together so well...
Dot x

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card, great colours! Hugs, Valerie

Brenda Brown said...

Cute card Fliss.
Happy Friday.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Fliss
Such a great card.
Cannot help but smile at that cute spider.
Wishes
Lynne

Sue said...

This is fabulous. Such great images and I love how you have put everything together.

Sue

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Gorgeous card Fliss. Have a fab weekend x

Clare said...

Hi Fliss!!!! really love your card hun. Looks like you have had a lot of cutting out to do on this one lol. Have a great weekend xxxx