Friday 29 June 2012

Fairies and Fantasy

Good morning folks, Friday is here again and we have a new challenge for you over at Polka Doodles which you're going to love as the theme for this week chosen by the lovely Emma is Fairies, Fantasy and Flitter. If you're wondering about the flitter bit, Emma is a big fan of glitter and wants to see a sprinkling of sparkle on your project.
I decided to turn a non fairy image into a fairy by giving her wings and here's what I made:


As you can see, I've made an easel style card which I covered with a mix of stripe and dot design papers in red, pink and green from the Pretty Sweet CD as I love their slightly shabby look. I mixed the stripe direction around too to make the most of the paper. I also sneaked in a couple of red glitter card strips for a subtle sparkly look.
I printed out the sweet little girl from Pretty Sweet together with the toadstools and a butterfly from the Sugarplum Daisy CD on to thick cartridge paper and coloured everything with Aquamarkers (a little artistic license with the toadstools and can you tell I was in need of a chocolate fix lol), adding grass with a fine brush as I wanted to make a little scene.
I cut out the little girl and the butterfly, sponging the butterfly with embossing ink and then heat embossing with crystal sparkly powder. I die cut a Marianne Design butterfly and coloured this with a blue Promarker before heat embossing with the sparkly powder. I cut the toadstool scene into a square and rounded the corners then inked with Tumbled Glass Distress ink and set on a dark red mat before adding to the card front panel. I added my little fairy and the butterfly with foam tape to complete the scene.
I finished off with some metal embellishments and pearls and a die cut sentiment from the Sugarplum Daisy CD.

Challenges for my card:
Totally Papercrafts - Use A Digital Image On Your Creation
Charisma Cardz - Anything Goes
Little Miss Muffet Challenge - Sparkle
I Love Promarkers - Anything Goes

Thanks for looking and have a great day.
Hugs, Fliss xx

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Pretty card with a cute little fairy! Valerie

Jacqueline said...

A lovely easel card Fliss and your fairy looks so cute perched on her toadstool! - Jacqueline xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Fliss
This is sweet, sweet, sweet with her little fairy wings.
I hope you are having a good week.
Wishes
Lynne

Unknown said...

Hi Fliss, love your gorgeous card. Such a pretty image!! Thanks for sharing at Little Miss Muffet Challenges. Good luck an hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Frea, DT Member LMM Challenges

Karen said...

This is lovely Fliss, love the cute image, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Gorgeous card Fliss - fab idea to turn her into a fairy!

Enjoy your weekend

Claire xxx

JayBe said...

What a pretty card, Fliss - I love the sparkly die cut wings.

Have a good weekend, hun.
Hugz, Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous easel Fliss and the fairy is so pretty, you have once again made a beautiful card, love how you combined the dots and stripes its just magnificent.

Marie

Kim said...

such a pretty card! thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week
Kim x

Gram's Treasures said...

What an adorable card and image! So glad you could join us this week at Charisma. Good Luck!
Joyce xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Fliss. Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers.
Lorraine x

Anne said...

Cute as a button Fliss. A pretty little card
Thanks for playing along with us TPC girlies too
Anne x

Clare Brown said...

what a cutie and I love the added wings...goodluck at Charisma this week

Carrie said...

Great card! Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week xxx