Monday 2 April 2012

Wheels With Make My Monday

Good morning folks, we have a very chilly start to the day today but the sun is shining hooray! It's Monday again and the start of a new theme at Make My Monday. The April theme has been chosen by Caz and she would like to help with those difficult to create cards as the theme is Men and Boys Only. This week the challenge is to make something including Wheels.
I was very pleased to see this as it gave me the chance to get inky with my Oxford Impressions steampunk stamps which are a must with me as my hubby's family love anything nautical or vintage engineering style.
Here's what I made:


I used elements here from both of the steampunk sets (you can find them at The Craft Barn) and first made a background paper by using Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo Distress inks just added direct from the ink pad and then sponged whilst still wet for a grungy effect. I sponged more of the darker ink round the edges.
I then stamped on various images from the sets with Archival Coffee ink. It came out a little brighter than I needed for my added images to really pop so I brushed on some watered down gesso.
I then stamped the steam engine, gent and company sign with Ancient Page Coal Black ink and added some ink left on the sponge from earlier to blend them in a little. I cut them out and added to the card with foam tape.
I finished off with text which is part of a larger stamp.

The Design Team have made some fabulous examples to inspire you so I hope you'll head on over to see them plus details of the fabulous prize by our sponsor Marianne Design. Believe me, you won't want to miss this!

Challenges for my card:
Marks Finest Papers - Make A Square Card
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - Things With Wheels
Divas By Design - Stamp Something (everything on my card is stamped)
My Mum's Craft Shop - Stamp It

Thanks for looking and have a good week.
Fliss xx

22 comments:

Trimgym said...

Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3.

Jo and Tigerlover.

Suzi B said...

Love this Fliss, your stamping is amazing! love the colours... I struggled with mine lol
suzi b x

Jacqueline said...

Fabulous card Fliss - all your images work so well together.
Just had the post and I got your package - thank you. I'm looking forward to creating something with all the lovely images - might even be able to make two cards!! - Jacqueline xx

Aunty Sue said...

Fab vintage style card and thanks for joining our wheels challenge at craft this week

Deborah said...

Fab steampunk, Fliss!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is a fabulous masculine card Fliss - love the way you create your backgrounds. Super steampunk images too - you have really made them "pop".
Have a happy week - Hugs, Sylvia x

brenda said...

A very inspirational piece Fliss, must confess the cogs, clocks and steampunk images scare me just a tad.

B x

Victoria said...

Fabulous combination of stamps and 'bits and bobs' (is that the technical name?!)

Anonymous said...

Fliss
Absolutely wonderful to see you playing and getting inky with those sets of stamps (okay I might be biased but they are fabulous, aren't they?!!)
An amazing card and cannot wait to see what else you create with those sets.
Wishes
Lynne

Ellie Knol said...

gorgeous card fliss!

Ephemera said...

Oooh this is stunning Fliss, absolutely beautiful, waiting for all those wonderful stamps to come back in stock at the craftbarn. xx

craftytrog said...

Your background is fabulous Fliss! Great card! x

Brenda Brown said...

Love all the detail on your card Fliss and a fabulous take on the new theme.
hugs {brenda} xox

Daniele said...

brilliant steampnk card Fliss, love the sepia shades
hugs

carol said...

Super creation, thanks for playing along with CRAFT this week, x carol

Silvia(Barnie) said...

You've created a wonderful steampunk piece, looks fantastic. Love these Oxford images.

Barbara Colbert said...

Great job..like that look! Thanks for sharing with Speedy Fox and Friends!

Sally H said...

This is fab! I love your bird in the last post too

Cazro said...

I love this card, the background stamping is fabulous, as are the images at the front. LOL Caz

Pat said...

A very Manly card. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

Mynn xx said...

Hallooo, Fliss!!! LOVE the steampunk version of our Wheels theme--and I LOVE the black and brown together! A fabulous creation! :)

Gaynor Greaves said...

Beautiful card, love the colours, thanks for joining our stamp it challenge at MMCS, hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT xx