Saturday 2 July 2011

Peacock Birthday Wishes

Good afternoon everyone and hope you're enjoying the weekend so far. We've had a lovely, warm and sunny day and have been spending a lot of it in the garden with the bunnies. Our poorly Dill is a little better although it's still a struggle getting him to eat as he's picking at his food at the moment.
I managed to make a card yesterday evening from pieces in my bits box which I'm really pleased about as it's so good to be able to use things up.


I followed the lovely sketch from the first challenge over at Fetch A Sketch, just tweeking it a little as you'll see.

The handsome peacock is from a Kanban stamp set and was stamped with VersaFine Majestic Blue and coloured with Promarkers. I then set the panel on 2 layers, trimming the larger edge of the outer one on one side with a Martha Stewart border punch.
For the main background, I took a square of green parchment card, trimmed the corners with the Martha Stewart loopy punch (I felt this echoes the peacock's tail feathers really well) and then inked all the edges with a turquoise ink pad.
I then followed the sketch layout with a rectangle of card from my bits box which was decorated with my Distress Ink Grunge Background Technique (link to tutorial on side bar) using Broken China, Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters DIs and a floral image from the Inkadinkado Garden Delight stamp set. I trimmed the corners with a corner rounder punch.
I cut an oval of green card with my trusty Creative Memories oval cutting set, dry embossed this with the Quickutz retro diamonds folder and inked the edges.
I punched some flowers from a leftover scrap of the floral paper, rounded them out with an embossing ball tool and added them to the card with foam pads. I then set green pearls in the flower centres.
The central border strip is a piece of turquoise grosgrain ribbon and a piece of altered crochet lace which I inked with Shabby Shutters DI and then added green glitter to cover the sticky areas in the holes in the lace.
I finished off with a sentiment from the Polka Doodles Sensational Sentiments stamp set, cut out with a Nestabilities scalloped die, coloured with Promarkers and added to a mat of the teal card used on the main panel.

I'm entering my card in the following challenges:
Fetch A Sketch - Challenge 1 Sketch as above
Card & Scrap - Punches/Dies
Sir Stampalot July Challenge - Anything Goes
The Craft Garden - Use A Bird In Your Creation
Totally Papercrafts - Bingo (My line is 2 down - lace, flowers, dry embossing)

Thanks for looking and enjoy the rest of the weekend,
Fliss xx

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card, the peacock is just beautiful. Hope Dill continues to get better! Hugs, Valerie

Anne Bente said...

wawwww it is beautiful

1000000 tak for at du deltager på card and scraps udfordring

hugsssss

Kerry said...

Breathtaking. Thanks for playing along with The Craft Garden challenge.

Jenny said...

Hiya Fliss! ohhhh now I do love that image! I didn't know Kanban did stamps...so out of touch! ;) Lovely colouring & a fab take on the sketch. Love those little flower embellies too! Do hope you are well! Thanks for playing along with us over at Fetch A Sketch! jenny x

Tip Top said...

Wonderful colours and I do like that peacock!! Thank you so much for joining in - we do appreciate your support!

Thank you for joining in at Fetch A Sketch – hope you can join us again for the next challenge! Fetch A Sketch Challenges

Sally H said...

A fabulous card, and gorgeous colouring too! Thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

pinky said...

What a beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Dolly Daydreams said...

Fliss this is amazing such beautiful work your peacock is stunning, such awesome colours , I love it.

Marie

Fiona said...

Stunning peacock Fliss and fab toning colours.

Vicky said...

Stunning sweetie..!

thanks for joining us at tpc...and good luck..!

hugs Vicky xx

brenda said...

It's just lovely Fliss, I adore peacock colours and this card has such a beautiful blend of colour and texture.

Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot challenge this month, good luck and hope to see you again.

B x

PinksyDoodles said...

This is gorgeous Fliss. I love the colours you have used and the beautiful peacock. Thank you for joining the Sir Stampalot Challenge this month.
Clare x

Cazro said...

Stunning card, stunning peacock. Caz

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, Thanks for joining in with us at The Craft Garden this month.
Kevin xx

Brenda Brown said...

Such a gorgeous card Fliss, such lovely colours and a fabulous image.
Hope you have had a good weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda] xoxox

Mette said...

Beautiful and delicious card!

Thanks for joining us on Card and Scrap!

Hugs Mette

tiffany said...

oh i love the colors on this, your card is gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Craft Garden =) Tiffany

Vicky said...

Just so beautiful Fliss..!.....

thanks for joining us at tpc....and good luck..!

hugs Vicky xx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mel said...

Stunning creation!
Just perfect for our wee Bird Theme!
Thanks for playing along with The Craft Garden Challenges!
Hugs Melly xxx

Ps I have CANDY!!! xxx