Tuesday 28 June 2011

4 Little Birds

I'm back with another post today as I've just got a card back from a friend who snaffled it to copy as she liked the design so much and at the time I hadn't taken a pic of it.
Here it is finally and hope you like it!


It might not be obvious from the photo but the card has a cut away front and a further piece of background paper to match the front design is attached to the inside of the card,
I stamped the gorgeous little birds by Crafty Individuals directly on the card with VersaFine Vintage Sepia ink and coloured with inks. I then stamped flourishes from my favourite Viva Decor My Paper World clear stamp set around the edges of the card with Memento Pear Tart ink (don't you just love that name!). I then added a tiny design I've had for ages with Memento Lilac Posies ink. I sponged VersaColor Split Pea and Topaz over the top.
I cut the card front away round the birds image and lined the card inside front with pink card which I trimmed to make a pink border round the edge of the cut away section.
I stamped a further piece of white card in the same way as the front and attached this to the inside right edge of the card, I finished off with a greeting panel also stamped with flourishes to match and some flowers I punched from inked and stamped card with pearl centres.

I'm entering my card in the Creative Craft challenge - Make Your Own Backing Papers (how could I resist this one!!!)
Thanks for looking,
Fliss xx

9 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous blend of colours Fliss, and a beautiful card design. Love the birds image and the swirly background - absolutely fabulous.
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Beautiful Fliss ! Such lovely work and so many techniques. Gorgeous stamping with lovely happy colours a real treat for the eyes.

Marie

Fiona said...

Great how you have made a one layer card look like two, Fliss.

Cazro said...

I love it Fliss, fab colours. Good luck. Caz

Valerie-Jael said...

Great card, love that bird stamp, too! Hugs, Valerie

Jacqueline said...

lovely hand made backing paper - such great colours too - Jacqueline xx.

Brenda Brown said...

I can see why you wanted to take a pic Fliss, this is gorgeous, just love the design and colours you have used.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

cheryl said...

oh this is gorgeous hun love that background,and adore that stamp hugs cheryl xxx

Rose said...

gorgeous card Fliss, lovely bright colours, and I love how you've coloured the birds.

Love, Rose xx