Friday 7 January 2011

Polka Doodles First 2011 Challenge - A Wish For You

Hello everyone, Happy New Year and I'm back at last on my temporary computer after my laptop gave up the ghost just before Christmas and it's taking me a while to get used to this one as it's static which means I'm stuck in our small spare room typing this post.
I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are ready for some crafting as it's time for the first Polka Doodles challenge of the year. The theme of A Wish For You has been chosen by Emma, better known as Vintage Milly and she'd like to see your projects with wishes for the new year.
I've chosen to make a card with wishes for those going on to new things this year and I've used some of the elements from Nikky's brand new CD, Paper Boutique Volume 3 which is being launched on Create and Craft tomorrow - full details are on the Polka Doodles shop website HERE.


I've made the card using the Ditsy Daisy template which also has all the elements to make a shaped card in A4, A5 or A6 size. I decided to turn her into an angel and printed out the A5 black and white options on cream card.
I then coloured one under dress with a blue Promarker plus the sleeves. I stamped on the overdress and the bottom of a further under dress with a stamp from the Daisy Doodles stamp set using Versamark ink and embossed with clear powder. I then sponged on Scattered Straw Distress ink. I coloured a spare heart with the blue Promarker and added faux stitching to this and the overdress with a Letraset Fine Liner.
I coloured her face with Promarkers and then coloured her hair with Prisma pencils in several shades of brown and blended with a paper stump and Zest It. I added pre coloured wings from the Winter collection on the Sundae of Seasons CD.
I coloured some daisies from the Ditsy Daisy collection on the new CD with Promarkers and cut them out. The daisy paper is also from the new CD and I printed this out on to cream paper then trimmed the edges of the panel with pinking shears. The blue papers are from the Sundae of Seasons CD and the sentiment is computer generated.
Don't forget to catch Nikky if you can and she's actually on TV twice too so hopefully you'll be able to see one of the shows.
I'll try and catch up with everyone over the next few days as there's been no spare time lately with family stuff and making the samples for Nikky on top of getting used to my "new" computer.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

What a bright and lovely card.Love it.Happy New Year to you too. Take care.Debbie x

Claire Phillips said...

Love the embossing detail Fliss - she is gorgeous! Cheers Claire x

Anonymous said...

Hi my friend thats so beautiful. I am hoping my prize from Lou with the sundae seasons cd will turn up soon, she posted it before christmas but it seems to be lost in the post sadly... still you never know it may turn up. Your work on this is so intricate and pretty.
Hugs June xxxx

Sally H said...

That's beautiful, Fliss! I love yellow and blue together. I know you remember Rob and Gordon from once upon a stamp. Gordon got rushed into hospital last week. he is making a good recovery, but you might want to pop over to their blog to read the full story x

Netty said...

The card is certainly a happy card Fliss with some beautiful fresh colours. Annette x

Vintage Milly said...

Oh this is gorgeous Fliss, what a lovely wish for your daughter, love your stamping on here too, thanks for making such a lovely project for my theme this week,
all the very best to you,
Em.x