Thursday 9 December 2010

Tim Holtz's 12 Days Tags - Day 7

Hello everyone, I have a finally finished tag for day 7 to show you as I had a right old struggle doing the poinsettia flower on this one. More improvising too as I didn't have all the supplies yet again - no surprise there!
I've also got day 8 in progress and want to take this opportunity to say a HUGE thanks to Jennie of The Artistic Stamper as my order arrived yesterday and luckily for me, I ordered the Seasonal Masks set which Tim has used on this - how lucky is that!
Anyway, here's Day 7:

I made the flower and leaves as per Tim's instructions, substituting some of the spray inks as I didn't have all the inks he used. My flower has Sticky Fingers Poppy and Wine and Roses Glimmer Mist. The leaves have just the Lettuce Colorwash combined with Olive Vine Glimmer Mist. I used Frosted Lace and Diamond Stickles.
I embossed my tag with the Cuttlebug Allegro folder and inked with Wild Honey, Crushed Olive and Vintage Photo.
I made the letters with the Vintage Market Strip Die, inked them with Fired Brick and stamped with the music score used on my other tags. I added a flourish from the Grungeboard Plain Elements, painted and inked as Tims. Due to a little error with some glue which showed, I also popped on a bit of glitter glue - fabulous for hiding mistakes!
At the top of the tag, I simply added some ribbon.
As before, I'm linking this to Artyjen's Splinter Group.  Well worth your while to pop over for a peek at all the other tags of which there are a totally astounding number of this time.
My next tag won't be posted until tomorrow as it's now gone dark but I might also have the one for Day 9 if I can work out how to make the gorgeous flower without a Rosette Strip Die which I've been trying to get my hands on for weeks with no luck.
To see Tim's original and inspirational tags with a host of fabulous techniques please click HERE.

10 comments:

PetraB said...

I love the colours on your tag, it looks fantastic.

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Lovely tag - can't wait to see the next one :D
Julie xx

The Dolphin Inn said...

This is just stunning Fliss, your flower turned out amazing - well worth all the hard work, can't wait to see what you do with your new masks - how lucky was that lol, take care and happy weekend xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tag Fliss, your poinsettia is fabulous! xx

Netty said...

Oh wow Fliss the music folder is brilliant for this tag, such a great idea. Your flower is just gorgeous my friend. Look forward to seeing your masking..... Annette x

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just amazing gosh your flower turned out brilliantly just love it hugs cheryl xxx

Liz said...

Fliss your work takes my breath away Sorry I dont get over more often Ive scrolled down and each is better than the last Wish you lived near me and held classes I would be first in the Q lol and fighting ha ha Brilliant vibrant and perfect totally love this

Liz x

Jen said...

Beautiful tag!! Like the music note embossing folder you used! Now that I'm done with the work week I have to get going on my tags!

Jean Franks Beck said...

So beautifully done!!

Lynn Stevens said...

ohhh Thats some gorgeous colors there girl! and great background with the music!