Friday 12 November 2010

Polka Doodles - Make A Gift Box

Hello everyone and yes, it's Friday again (where did the week go?) so it's time for another challenge over at Polka Doodles which this week has been set by Ruth and she would like to see a Gift Box from you all.
Before I show you my contribution, I'd like to remind you about our DT call which has come about due to us losing a couple of doodlers, Kris due to family commitments and Brenda as she has loads of things to cope with at the moment. Good luck for the future ladies and see you around.
We also have exciting things happening starting with next week's challenge as we have a blog hop to say thank you to all the lovely followers and competition entrants at the Challenge blog. If you hop over, there's a little teaser about it.
And now to this week's project which I decided to use to get a little ahead on my Christmas gift wrapping and made a couple of boxes to get me started.



I used the template from the Paper Boutique 2 Creative Christmas CD which I printed out on to the back of some Festive Swirls paper from the Jingle Jangles CD.
I made the boxes up and then added embellishments. The pink box has punched snowflakes from the same pink paper and silver card and a border punched with the Martha Stewart dot scallop punch.
The green box has some embellishments from the Creative Christmas CD and were left over from making cards, a really good way to use up leftovers.

This will be the last post from me for a bit as I had a contact lens problem when in the middle of this and went to sort it out but have managed to mislay the right lens. As I'm blind as a bat without them, if I can't find it, I will have to order a new one which will take several days. I can't do much with just one lens in so will be really stuck!
UPDATE
Due to my very kind and helpful optician who I phoned in desperation earlier, I have found my lens - yippee! Her fabulous and inventive suggestion of putting a pop sock or similar over the hoover tube and then going over the floor with it worked as the lens was on the carpet of my elder dauighter's room - goodness knows how it got there but it was a lovely surprise to find it during my frequent checking of the tube. Panic now over!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Tip Top said...

Great minds think alike! Great little boxes!

Vintage Milly said...

Wow what an ace fix it idea from the optician.
Love your little festive boxes,
Em.x

Sally H said...

Great boxes, Fliss! Love them both!

Saskia said...

Lovely idea for a gift-box!!!!

Saskia :)

Claire Phillips said...

Great optician! Fab boxes Fliss - will give these a go next! Cheers Claire x