Friday 2 July 2010

Remembrance

I'm on a roll here with my second post today with my entry for this week's challenge at Sunday Stampers run by Hels Sheridan with the theme of Pearls. This is something I loved doing as I think pearls are my favourite type of embellishment at the moment, along with butterflies.
Here's my card:
The image I've used here is a slightly size adjusted postcard from my free vintage downloads (see side labels) so if you like it please help yourself. It's actually very versatile as you can just cut out the image and the verse to use separately if you like.
The background paper is made using Distress inks (no surprise there!) and using a technique which is my twist on a more familiar one and not quite as messy (still got inky fingers though!). I'll be posting a tutorial on this next week together with some cards I've made. The colours I used here are Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed, Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet. I stamped on an image from a tiny set by Prima - Go Green Concepts 850715 which has 3 stamps and some bling. I used the Victorian Velvet ink.
I made a card blank from dusky pink card and used part of the left over strip to make a central border, trimmed with scallop scissors. I added pink crochet lace, some yellow pearls and a butterfly sticker to finish off.

7 comments:

Chris Arlington said...

Beautiful Fliss! I love how you layered and embellished this.

Sally H said...

Fliss it is beautiful! Such a pretty image, and I'm looking forward to seeing how you did your background

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous card and LOVE that backing paper you have made hun...thanks for joining in again :O)) Hugs x

cheryl said...

og fliss hun this is stunning and so love the backing paper you have made hun perfect as usuall I have taken,the image hun if that is okay as its just perfect for something I have been looking,for all should become clear next week,but bless you hun for this its saved me a lot of time searching for something,love hugs cheryl xxxx

June said...

This is gorgeous flissy, I love the whole piece its so romantic.
have a lovely sunday
hugs June xxxxx

Spyder said...

Lovely card, love the backing paper and gorgeous image.
(Lyn)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Fliss, love your background! x