Saturday 5 June 2010

A Man Of Words

Hello everyone, hope you're having gorgeous weather as we have here today. I woke up this morning to 20 degrees and the warmest day so far this year.
This is my first post today as I had stamping club this morning so managed to finish off a couple of cards. This one is for my father in law's birthday next month and has just scraped into the Gingersnap Creations GC54 Spicy Supply Challenge-Pencils as it uses the pencil stamp that I bought about a month ago. My father in law is the published author of a book about military defence in Sussex and has another one about to come out so the pencils were perfect for him.
I stamped the pencils, which are by Lost Coast Designs and from Happy Daze, in VersaFine Toffee ink on beige card and cut them out. I stamped the man (from Paper Artsy Man Of Numbers Plate 6) in black on beige card and trimmed to a panel.
I embossed some olive green card with my new Tim Holtz Sissix Alterations folder (Patchwork) and rubbed Umber and Atlantic VersaColor inks on.
I assembled the card as shown with the text made from Dymo printed on black tape and copper steel letter stickers.

3 comments:

Fiona said...

I love everything about this Fliss, it's very artsy. That pencil stamp is fab and the colours you have chosen are lovely and perfect for a mans card. Great sentiment too, your FIL will love it I'm sure.

Fiona x

Anonymous said...

This is amazing, Fliss! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

Helen said...

I love that stamp, got to get that! Your card is great.