Monday 24 May 2010

Elusive Flower

Hope you've all had a gorgeous day like we have here. It's been hot and sunny all day which has been fabulous after such a long cold spell.
I'm here with my entry for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge, no 30 would you believe, and here's the inspirational photo and colours that Mona wants everyone to use:
I was totally inspired by the beautiful bed linen with such a gorgeous print and wanted to create a background paper for my card with a fabric look. The first thing my daughter said on seeing the finished card was that the paper looked just like fabric! She hadn't seen the challenge photo so I'll be interested to know what everyone else thinks.
I made the card with a set of Elusive Images stamps which I got free when I subscribed to Craft Stamper magazine a little while ago.

The background paper was made using my Watercolour Crayon Technique (see Tutorial link on side bar) and I used Pale Yellow and Pink Neocolor 11 crayons. I stamped the flourish design on top with Crushed Olive Distress ink.
I stamped the flower with black dye ink and coloured it with Promarkers to match in with the colours of the challenge. I ran a green ink pad round the edges and stuck pink pearls in the corners.
I made a central border with toning Bazzill card trimmed with the Martha Stewart double dot scallop punch and added a strip of pearls. The greeting is Hobby Art GC1676B and was stamped in black dye ink.  I overstamped with the flower and pink ink to soften the effect a little and ran the green ink round the edges.

11 comments:

June said...

Gorgeous colours and beautiful design as always Fliss. love that flower
hugs June xxxx

Claire Phillips said...

That flower is glorious Fliss - wonderful colors! Cheers Claire x

Sally H said...

Wow. Fliss! It's stunning! Love the colours and that stamp is just beautiful. I've been hanging my nose over it for a few weeks now, and your card has made up my mind for me!

cheryl said...

wow fliss hun this is just simply stunning so eleagant,too gorjus detail hugs cheryl xxxx

Fiona said...

Gorgeous card Fliss. You are clever always making your own backing paper, this one is superb.

Fiona x

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful! Pretty background you created, wonderful coloring on your image. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Anonymous said...

A stunning card Fliss! x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, Fliss! The background is just stunning! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH---I have to check out your tutorial! That background paper is BEAUTIFUL! Great coloring on your image--this card is simply beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC:)

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful background. Lovely design and card! Thanks for playing along with us at PDCC.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Fliss - beautiful backing paper and a stunning floral image - your colouring is wonderful, as always. The work on the house is almost finished now, thank goodness - just the final decorating to do. Must share this with you - during the tidying-up of my craft room this week, I found a binder full of "Card Making and Papercraft" mags, from the very first edition, and guess who featured in issue 3, in August 2004 - Felicity Goodwin! It was a piece about Anna Griffin,(with your photo) and as an avid fan of Anna G. myself, I recall being fascinated by the article - the page still has the Post-It tab attached so it would be easy to find! It really is a small world!
Love and hugs, Sylvia xxxxx