Monday 22 March 2010

An Award, Dezinaworld and Easel Cards

Hello everyone, this is going to be a marathon post as I have several things to share with you.
Firstly, my lovely friend Fiona of Made in a Muddle very kindly gave me this great award a couple of weeks ago and as I've been very busy, I've only just got round to sorting it out.
I'd like to pass this on to the following 5 friends who as well as being very supportive of me, also create the most lovely, inspirational work. If you haven't seen their work yet, do pop over and have a look.
Thanks so much ladies for all your wonderful comments and help which mean such a lot to me.

Next I have a project to share with you that I made using June at Dezinaworld's fabulous free digital stamp from last Wednesday which is a beautiful Oriental jar. In keeping with the oriental theme, I made a screen using a pre-made screen card from my craft stash.
I covered the screen with K & Co pale green crackle pattern paper and inked the feet with Brilliance gold ink. I than added panels and images from June's Art Freebies blog, having altered the Chinese script paper to fit. I coloured the jar with Promarkers and then sponged on some blue pigment ink to draw everything together. I finished off with punched flowers and butterflies.

Finally as promised last week, I have some easel cards to show you, these 2 being the first I ever made just over a week ago when I taught a class in making them.
The paper used on the butterfly card is by Trimcraft (Wild Blossom). The butterfly is the new Papermania Build A Butterfly and was coloured by sponging with Ranger Distress inks in Fired Brick, Vintage Photo, Broken China and Dusty Concord.
The paper used on the rose card is by Papermania (Exquisite). The gorgeous rose stamp is by B Line Designs (from LB Crafts) and was stamped on pale pink paper with VersaFine Smokey Gray ink. It was then coloured by sponging with Worn Lipstick and Spiced Marmalade Distress inks with Peeled Paint on the leaves. I stamped it 3 times and layered it up. I added pearls, crochet lace and a sentiment by Penny Black (Blossom by Blossom 2832F). I also added a black border trimmed with the Martha Stewart Arch Lattice edge punch.
Thanks for looking.
Fliss x

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Flissy, these two are both stunning, i am so in love with that oriental one i cant believe how beautiful that jar turned out within this beautiful screen.
hugs June xxxx

brenda said...

Hi Fliss

What a surprise when I landed here, an award for me. You are very kind, expecially as I have been such a bad blogger lately.

And what fantastic vibrant projects you have for us today, all absolutely beautiful, but I guess I have to go with the flutterby as my favourite. I know, I'm utterly transparent.

B x

Sally H said...

Thank you so much for the award, Fliss! It was a lovely surprise, and I feel honoured receiving it from you. Your cards are beautiful! I almost bought that butterfly on Saturday!

Claire Phillips said...

Great projects Fliss - particularily love your butterfly easel card - wonderful colours! Cheers Claire x

cheryl said...

oh hun once again you have made the most stunning cards,those butterflies are stunning and as for your oriental well wow hun amazing you have such an eye for colurs its always a pleasure too see your work,also bless your heart for the award too hun,so kind of you to think of me all my love hugs cheryl xxx

Liz said...

Hi Fliss Thanks so much for the award I will get it up after the weekend we have a surprize going on Sunday dont forget to peek lol


Liz xx