Thursday 4 March 2010

AiFactory Challenge 26 - Blue, Bling and a Bow

Morning everyone, it's time for this week's challenge over at AiFactory and the challenge is to include the colour blue on your creations along with some bling and a bow so it's the signal to hunt out those ribbons and some glittter, jewels etc etc.
The DT were all given a gorgeous image by Mia called Trinity which has 2 slightly different shape variations and I love it so much that I've got quite carried away and made 3 cards with it, all using different materials.
This first one is the most arty. I printed the image out on glossy photo paper and coloured her by sponging her with Ranger Distress inks. I mounted the panel on a piece of corrugated card painted with blue and bronze acrylic paints. I made a background using an AiFactory Hina Tattoo image printed out on white parchment card and sponged with Broken China Distress ink. I added a piece of copper metal foil embossed using the Cuttlebug Textile folder, sponged with blue, green and black StazOn inks. A chiffon and fibre bow and a faux coin border finished my creation.

This second one is much simple and more modern, I printed the image on white card and coloured her with Prismacolor pencils, sponging a little blue ink around the image. I cut her out with mini scallop scissors, mounted the panel on black card and trimmed her with the same scissors. I used background paper from the Daisy & Dandelion range, trimming one edge with the Martha Stewart Daisy Border punch. I added jewels to the flower centres and a black dotty bow to finish.

This last one doesn't have a bow as I thought it would be too much. I printed the image out on inkjet acetate and mounted her on a piece of inked glossy photo paper. I added a little extra colour to the reverse of the image with Promarkers before fixing to the inked paper with brads.
I made a background by spraying photo paper with Glimmer Mists in blue, pink and purple and edged the panel with blue glitter border peel offs. I added Dovecraft Retro Floral brads at the bottom and used the matching paper as a background.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very nice!

Deborah said...

They all look lovely, Fliss,so vibrant. My favourite is the arty one (surprise surprise LOL)Gotta love that corrugated cardboard.

brenda said...

Like you Fliss, doing my best to catch up, not working so well though.

All three of these are lovely, it's that fantiastic image. But I particulartly like all the texture on the first one.

B x

Sally H said...

These are beautiful! I think my favourite is the first one, but they are all gorgeous. Thanks for your lovely comments and for becoming a follower.

cheryl said...

wow fliss hun your creativiness is just brilliant adore them both gosh the images are so stirking could sit and look at these for ages love hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx