Tuesday 9 February 2010

Time Is The Key

Hello all. Time for another challenge card which I didn't think I was going to finish in time as there aren't enough hours in the day at the moment to get everything done!
This one is for Ready, Steady, Stamp Week 14 challenge with 5 ingredients as usual:
I really enjoy these challenges as they really make you think outside the box and I actually managed to combine one thing this time as the die cut border is made from funky foam. Might be cheating a little but I thought any more on the card would be too much lol.
The stamps used here are both by Crafty Individuals. The little girl is CI-110 anf the flourishes on the background paper CI-173.
To make the background, I wanted a shabby chic effect so I stamped the flourish background repeatedly on cream card with green and copper inks. I then rubbed sand beige ink over the top. I tore the edges and rubbed them with copper ink.
I stamped the little girl collage in black on white card and sponged on Split Pea and Sand Beige VersaColor inks. I trimmed the edges with deckle scissors. I cut a piece of copper metal sheet, trimmed the edges with the deckle scissors and embossed it using the Cuttlebug Textile folder. I glued the collage image to the metal.
The die cut funky foam border started off purple and I altered it by sponging with antique gold, then sand acrylic paints. I added dots to the centre of the flowers with a black dauber.
The heat embossed metal was the most tricky bit as I wanted to emboss my metal flower with copper powder and stamp into it but it all peeled off! I had to settle for just embossing it with the copper powder and then layered it up with 2 beige fabric flowers and a copper brad. I added green Prima art leaves to finish.

10 comments:

AngelaC said...

I love the stamp you have used here Fliss... and I don't think it is cheating to use die cut funky foam, it's called being creative! LOL But great job!

Hearts Turned said...

Beautiful, Fliss! Love her sweet face--and all your embellishments are just perfect!

Isabelle Norris said...

This is really lovely !!! thanks for playing with us again this week
isa

scrap-hil-Photo said...

Thank you for your commentary!! Your realization is also very friendly! To soon Hildegarde scrap-hil

P'tite Plume said...

Very beautiful!

cheryl said...

oh this is beautiful hun i have that image too and i love it super detail on this too hugs cheryl xxxx

Trish said...

Lovely card

Lesley said...

Beautiful card xx

kiki said...

beautiful card !
kiki :)

Line said...

a very beautiful card!