Thursday 11 February 2010

AiFactory Challenge 23-Hearts

This week's challenge over at AiFactory Challenge blog is all about hearts, as many as you can get on your card by way of backing papers, embellishments and so on. The design team have all been given one of the Softpencil images to work with-it's really sweet and is called A Lovely Couple. You can see more of the gorgeous images by popping over to the shop.
Here's what I made with the cute image.
I printed the cute couple twice and coloured just the hats on one couple and the remainder on the other using various colours of Promarkers. I stuck the hats on with foam pads for a raised look. I mounted the panel on red paper, trimmed on one side with a Martha Stewart dot scallop edge punch.
I made up the card using Basic Grey Ambrosia papers arranged in a patchwork square pattern. I layered a piece of the plain paper from the pack across the centre, embossed using the Cuttlebug Kimmy Luvs hearts folder. I finished off with a punched, embossed heart with a glitter flower embellishment and a computer generated sentiment.
To see the gorgeous cards made by the rest of the Design Team with the same image, and get an idea just how diiferent it can look, see the side labels for a list of their blog links.
Thanks for looking.
Fliss xx

8 comments:

Laurie Wilson said...

I just really like the primary colors on this. What a fresh take on the image to use those colors too. I like how you embossed the heart!

Claire Phillips said...

Lovely card Fliss - so cute! Sorry couldn't find an e-mail link. You are quite right it could mean either way but we have taken it as the "colour a digital image" - no reason why it couldn't be done digitally though if you wanted! Cheers Claire x

Erin Smetak said...

Very nice card!!! I like all the dp and the color scheme!

chris said...

This is so colourful and wonderful I love it,
the more colour the better for me .
hugs chris xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Love this card Fliss - the image is adorable and your colouring is so cheerful - just what we need at the moment with all this miserable weather! Haven't seen the heart CB folder before - it really is perfect for this theme.
Love and hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Lola said...

Lovely card and the sentiment is just perfect.

Fink said...

I would have never put the papers you did together! They look fantastic! Love the embossed hearts! Nice job

Unknown said...

What a color combo! You did an awesome job putting it together. I wouldn't have thought of that. The embossing is sweet.