Wednesday 18 November 2009

Glimmer Mist and Ink Spray Mixed Bag

As we have a really nasty day weatherwise down here in the South, I've decided to stay in the warm and do some crafting. There are quite a few cards here which I've made from my sample pieces from a class I taught here in my house on Monday. The shop where I used to teach has sadly had to stop doing classes and reduce it's craft stock to just card due to the recession. As I love teaching, I'm carrying on based mostly at home.
The class we did was based on using various spray inks-Glimmer Mists, Cosmic Shimmer Mists and other spray inks from Sticky Fingers, Crafty Notions and Adirondack.

I have used watercolour paper for the majority of the papers as I really love the textured effect that it gives to the finished paper.
Ingredients Used Here: Cosmic Shimmer Sprays in Golden Mint and Antique Copper. VersaFine Inks in Olympia Green, Vintage Sepia, Toffee, Crimson Red and Imperial Purple. VersaColor Inks in Umber,Bisque and Boysenberry. Coloured Pencils.
Stamps by Hobby Art: Open Tree SC1951G and Robbie XM1560MD 


Ingredients Used Here: Sticky Fingers Sprays in Aqua and Delphinium. Glimmer Mist in Lavender Fields. Glimmer Screen Set-Flights of Fancy. Ribbon. Kaleidacolor Ink in Blue Breeze. Hobby Art Stamp-Christmas Sentiments GR1052G


Ingredients Used Here: Glimmer Mist in Emperor Gold. Cosmic Shimmer Spray in Golden Mint. VersaFine Inks in Vitage Sepia, Toffee and Spanish Moss. VersaColor Inks in Umber, Topaz and Split Pea. Crafty Individuals CI-224. Scrappy Cat Clear Stamp Set Flower Shadow SCR1026. PaperMania Stamp Duo Set Silent Night PMA9079102. Coloured Pencils. Manila Tag. Ric Rac Braid. Flowers and Ornamental Brad (Making Memories).

Ingredients Used Here: Sticky Fingers Spray Inks in Aqua and Delphinium. Glimmer Screen Set Winter Crystals. Cuttlebug Snowflake Embossing Folder. VersaColor Inks in Seafoam, Celadon and Turquoise. Crystal Transparent Embossing Powder.

Ingredients Used Here: Sticky Fingers Spray Ink in Olive and Walnut. Crafty Notions Spray Ink in Cherrylicious. VersaFine Ink in Crimson Red. VersaColor Ink in Umber and Topaz. Glimmer Screen Blossoms. Hero Arts Stamp Old French Writing H2365. Image available here by clicking on Free Vintage Image Downloads on the side labels. Sticky ribbon.

Ingredients Used Here: Pale Blue Card rather than watercolour paper. Glimmer Mists in Lavender Fields and Twilight. VersaFine Ink in Smokey Gray and Onyx Black. VersaColor Ink in Violet. Denami Snowflake Stamp. Elusive Images Gibson Lady E0443. Crafty Individuals CI-138. Artemio Clear Stamp Set 10001002.  Glimmer Screen Winter Crystals. Halographic Glitter. Silver Embossing Powder.

Ingredients Used Here: Glimmer Mists in Wine & Roses and Olive Vine. VersaColor Ink in Peony. Distress Ink in Peeled Paint. VersaFine Ink in Olympia Green. Hobby Art Lady Of Fashion Stamp GL1906E.  Cuttlebug Embossing Folder from Ornamental Iron Combo Set. Glimmer Screen Blossoms. Clear Embossing Powder. Gold Textured Card.

6 comments:

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Oh, my giddy aunt, Fliss! These are GORGEOUS!!! I think my fave is - ooh - the vintage lady one, I think. Just stunning, though.. all of them.

Hugs,
Chris xx

P.S. Can I have your email address, please? Gilbert would like to pay you a visit. Mine is craftling@btinternet.com.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Fliss - you have been busy!! They are all beautiful but I think the first card (the trees) is probably my favourite - I love the autumnal colours.
Love, Sylvia xxx

cheryl said...

oh hun these are just brilliant love the tree one its really effective and love those colurs too hugs cheryl xxxx

Fiona said...

Hello Fliss,
Hasn't the weather been dreadful, wish I'd been inside too. Fantastic work, my fave's the first one too. The colours are stunning and the sentiment is unusual.
Fiona x

Deborah said...

These are gorgeous, Fliss. Tree is my favourite. Weather okay here in Cambridge - just very windy. But am going to stay in and craft anyways.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Fliss! xx