Sunday 19 July 2009

A Life On The Ocean Wave


I made this card for my father in law's birthday as in common with all the men in my hubby's family, he likes anything to do with the sea.
The background paper was made using Tim Holtz's compass mask on light blue card with coffee acrylic paint. I then stuck the square to a blue card blank.
I added a torn piece of map and topped this with a piece of recycled corrugated packaging painted in various shades of blue acrylic paint with touches of copper and antique gold. I stuck on a picture of the ship from Master and Commander, from my hubby's book about the film and shrunk on the copier. I hung sea themed charms from the bottom of the panel.
To finish I added a favourite line about the sea, generated on the computer.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

great card hun love how you have combined the image with the tim holtz mask love cheryl xxxx

Eiglas said...

Love this card Fliss! The colours and the charms are accentuated by that Tim Holtz touch!
Eiglas
x