Sunday 21 June 2009

Recycling Extravaganza 4


Here's my most unusual item. It's intended as a present combined with a card for any girl, young or a little more mature, that loves a bit of bling.
The circular centre piece on the card is detachable and can be hung up in the recipient's bedroom.
It is made from the top of a yogurt pot and a silk flower from an old arrangement was glued in the centre. When this is dry, all you do is add a puddle of Diamond Glaze (Judikins) all round and then stick in an assortment of buttons, beads, sequins etc. You then sprinkle tiny holeless beads (Accent beads) and glitter all over, pressing slightly into the glue. Leave overnight to dry and then tap off the excess glitter.
I then coloured it all over with purple alcohol ink and pierced a hole at the base to thread an old dangly earring through.
I pierced a hole at the top and tied the finished piece to a looped brad pushed through a large card embossed using a Cuttlebug. You need to use strong card or make a double card for this to support the weight.
You can also do this technique with a Pringle lid but it will need to be scaled down a bit.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

wow hun this is beautiful and a great idea too love the colour its striking love cheryl xxxx

June said...

Oh what a stunner this one is Fliss. Also i love the card below this post. Gorgeous work and i adore purple so you had me from the word go lol.
I just popped by to say hello and say i am sorry for not being around much. I am tentively dipping my feet in the blogging waters again after my few weeks of little or no blogging. I have missed you and wanted to say thanks for still stopping by and saying hello on my blogs. You are lovely
Hugs June xxx