Sunday 7 June 2009

Purr-fect Birthday


I made this card for my niece Lucy's birthday tomorrow. The background paper is in my favourite blue and purple using the watercolour crayon technique from an earlier post.
I cut an oval shape out of the paper to be economical (if you cut where you're going to place your main image, you can use the cutout on your card or save for another).
I cut an oval purple card mat and a white one which I stamped the same open flower on in purple ink. I stuck all the ovals together and then added a cutout image-my favourite Hobby Art cat stamp-she's called Daisy and I think she looks like the cat who's got the cream.
I finished the card with a silk flower, some grosgrain ribbon and a computer generated sentiment.

4 comments:

sandra's crafty corner said...

wow its gorgeous,
sandra xxx

The Stampers Hut said...

Just love the card, karenxx

Susie Sugar said...

Hi Felicity I found you , great blog you have here , I love your work and adore some of the stamps you have , I see you like catslife press and rubber romance so do I both have great stamps.
I love this card I have this little cat too she is purrrfect !!! sorry I couldn't resiste !! he he
Love Susie xx

Rose said...

I love this card Fliss, the background is lovely, I've just become one of your followers, love Rose xx